Chapter 13- The Return

We have one hour left before Rodrick comes to our house and sends us to Pengale. I don't even know how he's going to do it. I mean he told me there's a spell for it but I'm so freaking confused about how this whole thing works. One second I'm here, and the next I'm not.

To be honest, I'm kind of rethinking the whole thing. I'm too scared of going back there.

I was pacing around the house panicking like a Karen.

"Nervous?" Shawn asked me the stupidest question on earth. Does it look like I'm having a blast on the beach?

I didn't answer him. A simple glare was all he needed to turn on babysitter mode. In other words, he got the ice cream bucket and brought a spoon.

Best. Babysitter. Ever.

We had already packed all our stuff and he even took me shopping for clothes. Still, nothing could ever prepare me enough for that realm. 

I stuffed my mouth with ice cream and swallowed before the next spoon would reach my face again. Shawn sat down beside me and rubbed my back.

A few minutes later, we heard a knock on the door. I'm not ready I'm not ready I'm not ready. Shut up Emma, suck it up. At least act like you're not about to faint. Play it cool.

Just stay calm how hard could it be?

"We're doooooomeddd!" I yelled unconsciously.

Shawn looked at me like I were the evil witch of the west.

"I'll get the door. Try not to do that while he's here, okay?" he walked towards the door and opened it. And of course, it was Rodrick.

Shocker.

"Emma this is for you. Kevin gave it to me." Rodrick handed me an envelope.

"What the hell is that?" I asked as I took it from him.

"It's a letter, give it to the king so he doesn't execute you. Apparently you were supposed to die but managed to escape. Sneaky." I noticed he was carrying a big jug. I'm assuming it contains the coffee.

"Why are you still in contact with Kevin anyway?" asked Shawn, locking the house door.

"We're associates, teammates. Whatever you want to call it." He poured the beverage into two mugs which he took out from the kitchen's cupboard. "Shall we?"

I looked over at Shawn and took a deep breath. I was hesitating. He gave my hand a reassuring squeeze as he grabbed his mug.

"Wait," I breathed out. "Will our luggage be delivered with us?"

"I'll send it too, don't worry. Now drink up." 

Shawn and I chugged down our drinks and I immediately started feeling light headed. Everything around me was spinning until all I could see was darkness.

*Again, very short I know. Get ready for things turn 180 degrees y'all. Love you.*