Chapter 19 - Duties Fit for a King

=Seokjin's PoV=

Deary Diary,

     I haven't really done much today. It's nice and all, but I do have one problem with it. I'm a assistant. I'm suppose to be helping the princes, but whenever I go to find them, they would either be away or their tasks were already done by the maids and personal butlers.

     I don't know what I'm feeling... I feel... useless... in a way. I understand that they're very kind people but... it makes me feel in debt. I also kind of feel lonely. I don't understand; I have the princes here and all but.... I'm just... lonely.

     I want to try this again. I will bother one of them until they let me help them with something. Yes. 

     As I walk through the hallways I notice they exhibited a familiar paint smell and a different hue of coral. The paintings were removed to let the paint dry; I prefer it that way. Someone then placed a hand on my shoulder.

     "A-ah! Prince Hoseok, you surprised me," I say meekly.

     Prince Hoseok replied, "Oh, really? Sorry about that. I just noticed that you were really into the new paint job."

     I use my hand to tuck my hair behind my ear. "Oh, no.. it just reminds me of my old part-time job and I also kinda enjoy how plain it looked- no offence though. The paintings looked nice."

     "..Really? I'll have the paintings stored away then. Say, you looked pretty ruffled up. What's wrong?"

     Before I knew it Prince Hoseok shuffled us into his shared room with Prince Jimin. He pats a spot next to him and motioned for me to sit beside on the bed.

     "There is nothing wrong, really." I say.

     Hoseok turned his head to face me, "don't lie to me Jin. I've head that since I was a little fetus. Also, you seem sour, in a way, before I tapped you."

     "If I tell you..." I started, "only if you promise me you would do something for me."

     He entwines his pinky-finger with mine and connected thumbs, "I promise." He gives off his radiant smile.

     "I don't know what's up but since you guys made me your assistant and all I haven't even received 1 errand that I have to do. It makes me feel like I'm here for no reason and its not fulfilling to me. Also, lately I've felt lonely. Solitude is nice and all but I myself am not close to any of you princes that much neither do I have any friends that I can visit."

     Hoseok sighed, "Seokjin, I'm sorry you feel this way. If I could've had picked it up that you felt lonely I would've spent all my time with you but I didn't. I heard that Yoongi-hyung's butler, Chinhae, was your friend, but there must be a reason you don't visit him as often. Along with that, we just want for you to have fun at the castle. We all agreed that evening to not have you do any extreme labor or even a little task that we're too lazy to do; which I'm sorry we didn't include your opinion in."

     I tear up at his words, oh how he was such a motivational speaker. He puts his arm around my shoulder and pulls me in close, in which I continued to weep. I cover my face in embarrassment but that couldn't stop Hoseok to wipe away the fallen tears.

     "Since you want a task, I'll give you one. Can you get me a flower from the garden? Any will do. That is your first mission."

     My tears stopped and I look at him, sniffing for the last time. I got up and got a tissue and then smiled back at Hoseok. 

     "Thank you. Thank you for making me feel like I belong here; I will be on this task right away!" As I head out, I could hear a little chuckle from the room.

     I head back to his room with my plucked flower. It caught my eye when I was strolling through; it was so pretty and it reminded me of Prince Hoseok.

     When I entered, Prince Hoseok was laying on his bed, phone in hand, back facing the door. He hadn't notice me enter the room so I took this opportunity to jumpscare him. I went straight to his bedside and hunched down so that my head would be above but also behind his. I pounced on Prince Hoseok and-

     "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I giggled.

     After Prince Hoseok calmed down he said, "Jin-hyung you shouldn't scare me like that! I swear I will have a panic attack one day. Oh! Do you have the flower I told you to pick?"

     "Yup!" I hand him the pretty sunflower that I selected. "W-what are you doing?"

     "I'm placing this flower on you," He replied, "because it reminds me of you. I can't tell the difference."

     Oh how this man just played with my heart. I hug him and we stayed like that until Prince Jimin returned; he did look somewhat grouchy.  I ask him but he wouldn't budge. Maybe I'll just talk with him tomorrow. 

.Seokjin

Word Count: 860

Date Published: July 16, 2020

you guys :(((((( you guys better tell me what to do for reaching that viewer milestone or I'll- I'll- I dunno what I'll do but tell me o. Also I myself have no idea where this book is going to go, it's just popped into my head one day to make one lol