Chapter 22 - Who?

=Bongcha's PoV= 

     I was pushed into my room. How indecent of them to shove a lady! It'll be troubling if the rest of the kingdom was just as bizarre. 

     Ah, how handsome they were. My dearests are going to be married to me in a month, how exciting! Although, they do seem to be not as excited as I am. I wonder why. Prince Jungkook seemed really irritated about it, was it too early? Maybe I should comfort him later instead of going to dinner.

     "Bongcha, come to the garden with me. I would love to have the rest of the time I have with you, and only you." 

     I turned my head. Prince Jimin? But there was no one. I wonder where that voice came from. Perhaps he used telekenesis from to tell me he wants me to go to the garden. How exciting!

      Closing the door behind me, I make sure to hold my dress as I walk down the halls and stairs. Wearing a long, cottage dress wouldn't be very good, as it would become soiled the moment I step into the grass, but it looked best. 

     I could hear some chattering coming from a lounge I passed. I gave it a glance and me and one of the servants exchanged looks; to which they turn their head and stopped talking. The other one soon noticed my presence as well and also stopped talking. What could they be speaking off that they determined unworthy of me to hear?

     "Excuse me, but what were you ladies talking about?" I ask them.

     They shook their head, "Oh no Princess Bongcha, We weren't speaking of anything."

     "So you're saying I am spitting out lies?"

     "N-no..!" The shorter one quivered, "We... we were... talking about.... talking about Nobleman Seokjin."

     Seokjin? Whoever could this Seokjin be? 

     "Who is this Seokjin?"

     "Seokjin is one of the Prince's helpers, but he really isn't. He gets paid more than us, but he barely does anythi-" The Taller one covered the petite's mouth with her hand.

     "She meant that Seokjin is one of our Co-workers, you could say, Princess. Instead of tending to a specific prince or doing any house chores, he rather is assigned to all of the princes and does their.... paperwork."

     I nodded, "I see... and what are your names?" 

     "Oh, please don't report us! We need to get paid for our families!" They tremble in fear, keeping their eyes close as if it was a life-or-death situation.

     "Don't worry, I won't report you. I just need your names."

     I find out that their names are Kyungja and Youngsook. Quite old names, I would say. 

     I sat down on one of the couches once they take their leaves and I took out my phone. The time said 6:22 pm (18:22); around 10 minutes before supper. What should I do with this time I have on hand? Oh right. The servants told me about that Seokjin guy. Maybe I'll find him on Twitter, somehow. 

     He hasn't posted in months and only posted once

     He hasn't posted in months and only posted once... perhaps he is not the type that uses social media platforms very often. Why not give him a follow?

     Seokjin doesn't much look out-of-the-ordinary from the guys that line up at my doorstep wanting to propose to me; though, he has some sort of charm in him that I can feel from his profile alone. Maybe I should give him a visit here in the castle. 

     With all of these thoughts running around in my head it really seemed like 10 minutes was just a shrivel of a second. Its nice to know that a servant pat my shoulder to tell me that I should go and eat supper.

     When I arrived, my mother, father, the princes' parents, and each of the princes were sat and the table set. Well, every prince except for prince Jungkook. Oh... right; I forgot my plan to visit Prince Jungkook.

     "It's so nice for you to accompany us; I'm sorry that Little Jungkook wasn't in the mood for some food, he is a bit grouchy on settled terms."

     "Honey, what are the settled terms...?" The Princes' Father asks. 

     "Well you see," Ms. Bang explained, "The Shins want their daughter to marry one of our sons. We kingdoms will share our earnings, 50% distributed between both of the heirs. Think about it honey, when we are in a crisis their money can help us, which we didn't have last time we got raided."

     My mother added, "Mhm! And along with that, we as kingdoms can unify into one when we're a little too old to rule anymore."

     "hm... that does sound like a great plan... Although, did you ask our sons what they thought about this?" 

     "Mother didn't ask any of our opinions! She disregarded it like dust on the floor." Prince Taehyung said.

     "Oh, sweetie, I'm sure you're going to get the hang of it! Besides, it's only one of you, and like what I said earlier, you guys are going to get along smoothly. Just think of me and your father, for instance!

     The rest of the supper we just ate in silence. There were the occasional orders for the servants and must I say fart, but overall it was just quiet. 

     I feel tired though, maybe Prince Jungkook can wait another day. 

Word Count: 909

Date published: August 12, 2020