Chapter 20 - Back in Town

=Jimin's PoV=

     "What's wrong Jimin?" I sighed.

     Why is today so bad? I don't want to tell him just yet, but I will have to sooner or later. I ignore him hoping he would go away, which he did so after an awkward moment of silence. This hurts my heart to do this but I don't want him to worry. 

     "Jimin-ah, since Jin-hyung is gone now, why don't you tell me why you are so upset?" 

     I hesitated. "Five words: Old Man and Aunt's back."

     "What?!" Hobi-hyung said, "I thought they wouldn't dare show up after the incident during the last ball we had?"

     "Them and their shameless ways I suppose." I replied, "also heard they're bringing back Bongcha." 

     I just want this to be over with. And what I mean by over is them being sent back to their kingdom far away next to their equally-toxic brother-in-law currently ruling the throne. They've always brought shame to the family; and always brought the hoax information to the biggest news company they found. And they're expecting one of us to marry their just-as-bad daughter.

     "But what's up with the whole 'don't tell Jin' thing?" he asks.

     "Actually, I don't know why. Maybe I was overreacting too much. I mean, would he actually care about it? But then again, what if Bongcha decides to tell some lies about us or harm him in some way. I might as well talk to him tomorrow, but I want to go to sleep, or at least just be alone, right now. tell mother I'll be sick so I can't attend dinner tonight."

     "Okay, take care." Hobi-hyung says as he stands up and leaves the room. 

     Why did I react this way? A maid had told me that high levels of stress could lead to fatal accidents, so maybe I should distract myself for now. Scrolling through Twitter might take my mind off of this.

     A knock is heard at the door. I look over at the shadow below, presumably Hobi-hyung's. I take my attention back to my screen until another knock. Now I'm growing suspicious, who could this be?

     "Prince Jimin-ah, are you in there?" 

     Seokjin? I go to the door and turned the knob, and yes, it was him. He cups my hands into his, and stared deeply into my eyes.

     "Jimin, what is wrong? You ignored me earlier, and Hobi said that you were sick so you couldn't make it to dinner or do anything in general." Seokjin said to me, "How about we go to the garden and talk this through."

     He stands there waiting for my answer, in which I replied, "sure".

=3rd PoV=

     There Jimin sat, next to the three-leaf clovers under the warm blanket of sunset sky, with Seokjin by his side. The weather was even, no swaying of leaves in sight. This was exactly how they met, but there was some sort of anxiety barrier in-between.

     "So, Jimin-ah, will you tell me what's on your mind now?" 

      "Oh, right, I almost forgot about that," Jimin thought to himself, "You know how, as apart of the Royal family and one of the mighty kingdoms we have relatives that do not relate to us in any way right?"

     "O.. yes," said Jin.

     "Well... I'm pretty sure you're familiar with the Shin Family, so let me get straight to the point. They're coming over for a visit."

     "That doesn't sound bad," effused Seokjin, "They seem like good people, why are you frustrated on them coming over?"

     Jimin clarafied, "They may seem good on television, but trust me, they are terrible with terrible souls. They even made one of the maidens cry twice. Worst part of all, they want one of us to marry Bongcha, their daughter. I'm not interested in her and I try to tell her but her hard head won't get the message through. So just, don't talk to them."

     That was a lot to take in for Seokjin. How would someone from such a royal family be untaught of? But Jin's learnt from the past that you shouldn't trust everything that someone tells you. Maybe one chance would be best if he does encounter the Skin family.

     "Do you understand hyung?" 

     "..mm yeah,"

     Truth be told, Seokjin hated being told to follow something. The whole concept of obeying instructions didn't appeal to him in any way; however, he also learnt that lying was the key. Pretending was also the best technique to figuring something out yourself without supervision. The Shin family couldn't be that bad, right?

     "hmm.. Seokjin-hyung, I'm getting a little sleepy now..." Jimin whispered.

     Seokjin pulled Jimin close so that if he did fell asleep, his head would be in Jin's lap, "Sleep well, Jiminie."

=??? PoV=

     Oh how wonderful it would be if my head was resting in his lap instead of Prince Jimin. The days when I still saw him are no longer, but I still strive for it. Even if I'm met with situations like currently being poked by the branches of a bush, it's still one of the best ways to see him.

     Ding.

     ...

     Why must it be during the most inconvenient times.

Word Count: 862

Date Published: July 26, 2020