Chapter 5

•••

•••

The first week of school for the twins had passed. Now, they were part of Forks high. People had stopped talking about the "new kids". They were normal students, just like the others. But of course, Irene and Tony only seemed normal. As the day had passed, Tony and Bella had become even more closer. She was more friends with him than with her actual human friends. However, it wasn't the same thing with Irene. She did talk to Bella time to time but that was all. She did see her as her friend. Again, she didn't like her but she didn't dislike her either. Irene didn't befriend with people. Being with her brother was enough for her. But the fact that Bella was also friends with the wolf, it bothered Irene a bit. Bella was meeting them, especially that Jacob boy, quite often. Irene's kind couldn't trust them.

Monday. The first day of the week, meaning doing everything all over again. Irene thought that it would a day like the other, but she was very, very wrong. Tony was driving to Forks high as Irene was looking at the trees quickly scrolling by. The more they drove, the more they heard the sound of the civilisation. Irene glanced at her brother who was frowning and looking at his phone. He then shoved it in his jacket pocket. Irene then looked back outside. Tony was waiting for Bella's text. They texted each other quite often but then, she suddenly stopped the day before. She didn't text back or answer his calls. Tony was worried, he was afraid that something had happened to her. But he reassured himself saying that he would see her at school.

After ten more minutes of the ride, the twins finally arrived at Forks high. Tony parked their black Nissan and took their back. Irene was about to step out of the car but she stopped. She felt like she was reliving the day Jacob came to Forks high. Why? Because she smelled a scent. Well, more like three scents. Sweats and sugary scents. She looked at her brother, who looked back at his sister. They had a silent conversation before stepping out of the car. Irene shut the door close, graciously swung her bag over her shoulder, and looked at the opposite side of their position. Three teenagers, one girl and two boys. The girl was short. Her dark short hair was contrasting with the paleness of her skin. She seemed vulnerable and delicate but Irene knew better than that. Even if she looked like a pixie, Irene knew that she was as strong as a hydra, maybe even more. Next to her was a honey blond boy. His hair was quite long, beautifully falling to his jaw. His brown eyes were firm. He stood still with an arm around the pixie's waist. Then, Irene moved her eyes to the one who was standing next to the honey blond boy. Her eyes locked with his green eyes. Irene felt a wave of calmness and ease taking over her. It was like all the weight of her heart had disappeared in a second. His green orbs were hypnotizing. They were holding so much history that Irene was craving to hear. Some strands of his soft bronze hair were falling on his face, his pale face. His face was perfectly structured. Sharp jaw, piercing eyes. As she was studying his face, Irene's eyes fell onto his arm that was wrapped around Bella's waist. It was then that Irene noticed the presence of the little human. The Goodwin finally find the strength to look away and glance at her brother. He too was looking at the two teenagers and Bella. And at Tony's facial expression, Irene knew that Tony was disturbed by how close Bella seemed to be with the boy.

"Brother," Irene called. Tony tore his eyes off the group of teenagers and looked at his sister. By the look she was giving him, he understood that she was asking him to head toward the school. Tony nodded and both Irene and he walked toward the school entrance. They passed near Bella and her friends and walked the stairs. At the corner of her eyes, Irene could see the boy frowning. He seemed confused and frustrated.

"I can't read her mind," he muttered. Bella, the pixie and the blond boy snapped their head at him. Irene only smirked and continued to walk. A mind reader? Gifted vampires? It was getting interesting.

~~

Lunchtime. Irene and Tony stepped into the cafeteria. They didn't have any classes with the three vampires. But just thinking about how close Bella seemed to be with them, Irene had an idea of who they were. The family that moved out months ago seemed to be back. The Cullen's. They were sitting at a table with Bella. From what Irene had heard from other students, the little pixie's name was Alice. People think of her as weird yet unique in her way. People found her beautiful, some even want to date her but she had a boyfriend, Jasper, the blond vampire who never leave her side. Irene knew they were mates from the way they looked at each other. Just like with Alice, people thought of Jasper as handsome but weird. The second boy and last Cullen went by the name of Edward. A lot of people, especially girls, were drooling over him, over how gorgeous he was. But he was dating the one and only Bella Swan. Irene found surprising the fact that a human and a vampire had fallen in love with each other. But she didn't question it further. Also, students were wondering if the whole family came back. From what Irene had heard from other students, the rest of the family consisted of a girl named Rosalie, a boy named Emmett and the mother Mrs Cullen and Dr Cullen. The coven was composed of seven vampires. It also meant that Bella was close with seven vampires. It was surprising how they had accepted a human in their coven.

As soon as the Goodwin twins stepped into cafeteria, the pixie and the bronze boy looked over them. The boy had one of his arms around Bella's shoulder. Irene frowned at that. Seemed like Bella had found back her dear vampire. Now she didn't have to hang out with her brother. That simple thought just pissed Irene as she glared at the little human, who seemed taken aback. She only hanged out with her brother just for what he was. She missed being around her dear vampire so when new ones arrived, she used them to have some company. It disgusted Irene.

The Goodwin twins went to sit at their usual table, isolated from other students. But they still could see the Cullen's from where they were. Tony kept glancing at them, more like at Bella and often looked at his phone. Irene knew that her brother was still waiting for the little human's text. He wanted to talk to her but he had the feeling that he would be unwanted if he walked to their table.

"Forget her already," Irene said, discreetly playing with her fingers. A mysterious red mist was dancing around them. "She obviously used you just because of what you are. She didn't hang out with you for who you are,"

"That's not her-" Tony tried to defend.

"And what do you know about her?" she asked, lifting an eyebrow. "Hum? You only know her for a week," she knew she was being harsh with her brother. But she didn't want him to hang out with someone who used him, who wasn't interested in him for how beautiful he was as a person. Tony deserved someone good, not someone selfish who use people. Irene didn't dislike Irene at first, but now she did. Bella had hurt her brother. The person she cared the most for. That alone was enough for her to just hate her.

~~

The day had ended, Irene and Tony were heading to their car. They didn't encounter with the Cullen's or Bella once. Irene was glade even though she knew they would have to. The Goodwin's were on the Cullen's territory. Even though they had left months ago, they are back and had a life there. The Goodwin's couldn't claim the lands in just one week. Besides, they didn't even know if faith would make them leave at any time soon. Irene and Tony would have to talk with the Cullen's about their presence here. If there were rules to follow, or if they had to establish some. Irene didn't really want to do that. She didn't want to have anything to do with them. Well, she didn't want to have anything to do with anyone besides her brother. And that, for many reasons. 

As the Goodwin twins were opening the doors of their car, they heard someone calling for Tony. When they turned to see who it was, they saw Bella on top of the stairs, followed by the Cullen's.

"Tony! Wait!" Bella said. She was about to walk toward him but Edward grabbed her by the arm. He had noticed the intense glare Irene was giving to Bella.

"She's hostile," Edward said to Bella, referring to Irene. The latter was indeed annoyed by Bella but she wouldn't attack her. Irene wasn't like that.

"But I need to talk to him," Bella said. She sounded desperate. Irene turned around and sat at the passager seat. Soon after, Tony did the same and sat at the driver seat. He wasn't in the mood of talking right now. He just needed to hunt. He needed to feed.