Chapter 10

•••

•••

"You're ready, little witch?" Emmett asked with a playful smirk.

"I should be the one saying that," Irene shot back with a playful smirked too.

The Goodwin twins were at the Cullen's. They were all - except for Bella who was with Jacob - in front of their house. It had been a few days since the pack and the vampires started guarding Bella's house. Irene and Carlisle had also studied a lot her gift. They had started practice a few days ago. Irene was now capable of telekinesis. She could move objects without projecting her psionic energy from her hands. But she had to not lose sight with the target. Besides, she had a weight limit. She couldn't move things that were too heavy by telekinesis. In this case, she had to use psionic energy manipulation (projecting her energy from her hands). Now, Irene was practising the mental manipulation or reality alternation. Even if she didn't show it, the brown-haired vampire was quite nervous and apprehended it a lot. Mental manipulation was the side of her gift she mastered the less.

"I'll be fine, don't worry," Emmett added as Irene chuckled. She walked closer to him and infused psionic energy in his head. His eyes glowed a reddish colour.

Emmett seemed to be in a kind of trance. It took him a minute to regain his sense and understand where he was. The dominant colour was white. He was sat in a chair but there wasn't that much space in the room. There were computers and data everywhere. He removed the belt that was holding him to the seat and he started to float. The gravity was lesser here. Emmett was lost and confused. He didn't recognise anything. The dark-haired vampire then grabbed the top of the seat and pushed himself to the other side of the room. He opened the door, crossed a corridor and opened another door. The vampire widened his eyes in pure shock. He nervously laughed and look around. Everything was reddish. There was nothing but red rocks and sand. He walked down the metallic stairs and carefully put his feet on the reddish ground. He felt the hardness of the flour. The little rocks under his feet. It was real. He was on Mars. But how?

"What is he seeing?" Jasper asked, curious but also amused about Emmett actual state. The latter stood still. His eyes were glowing red. He seemed like he was daydreaming, or lost in his thoughts.

"The red planet. Mars," Irene chuckled and the others too.

"So, now, he doesn't hear us?" Rosalie asked as Irene shook her head.

"He thinks that what he is seeing is real. Everything outside is blocked,"

"I think you can bring him back now," Carlisle said.

Irene nodded and inhaled. It was this part of the process that was problematic. Putting people in another reality was easy but bringing them back was another story to Irene. She, once again, lifted her hand to the level of his temple and infused psionic energy into his head again. But nothing happened. Nothing happened at all. Emmett wasn't moving a centimetre. He was still in the other reality. Irene tried again, but it still didn't work. The Cullen's and Tony noticed that something was wrong. They noticed that Irene was struggling. The brown-haired vampire lifted her second hand to the level of Emmett's temple. Both of her hands were framing his face. They were glowing red just like her eyes. She was started to get scared that she couldn't bring Emmett back. She was started to get scared that she had stuck Emmett in another reality without any perspective of return. She infused more psionic energy into Emmett's head. She clenched her jaw as she tried to pull back the energy out of his head. She tried harder but then, she suddenly felt something violently passing through her. When she looked up, she saw Tony being stuck into a chokehold and his rock-like body being detached from his body. Irene loudly gasped and fell back on the floor. She, for a very short moment, into another reality. She pushed herself away, breathing erratically. Tony sped to his sister using his vampire speed and crouched down next to her. He cupped her cheeks, checking on her.