Prologue

•••

•••

I was on a rooftop, in front of the low wall on the edge of the building. The moon was shining high in the dark sky, illuminating the city. The light always remains even in the deepest darkness. The wind was softly blowing, moving my blonde and long hair. The city of Sapporo, Japan was lively as always. The bright and colourful lights of the huge billboards, the trails of red lights of the speeding cars, the hubbub of the crowds walking in the streets, some were walking home, others were going out to have fun. But no one had any idea of who was hiding in the dark. No one had any idea of what was hiding in the dark. For them, it was just tales and stories. For them, supernaturals beings didn't exist. But how wrong they were. Vampires, werewolves, shape-shifters, mermaids, harpies, witches and wizards, polymorphers... All of them were all real. They were no fictional characters. They were as real as you and me. How was I so sure about it? Because I am one myself. A vampire stuck at the age of seventeen changed seventy-one years ago. I've seen a lot of things in my long existence. Good and bad. Mostly bad. Or maybe it was just the things I remembered the most. The things that marked me the most.

"Still admiring the city?" I heard someone said after the sound of someone landing a few meters behind me. It didn't take me time to recognize who it was. The scent and the sound of her voice were usual to me. After all, we had been travelling together for a bit more than a year now. She was like another sister to me. I didn't turn around but I heard steps and soon, someone was standing next to me. Her eyes were golden. Her light brown hair was gracefully loosing, framing her small face. Her brown skin was a little pale but the melanin was still beautifully doing its job. She, too, was a vampire. "Is that little city of yours was like that?" I couldn't help but slightly chuckled. Forks was nowhere near to what Sapporo looked like.

"No, but it had its own charms," I replied, thinking of the little city surrounded by woods in Washington. The memories of my time there was still crystal clear, but it seemed so far away.

"Don't you think it's time to come back? They might have forgotten about you," Again, I chuckled. What she had just say was quite funny to me. It was just unrealistic. They never forget. Never.

"They don't forget, Aileen," I said in a serious and low voice. "When they have something in their mind, they don't stop chasing for it until they get it. No matter what,"

"But you left your family. Your twin brother. And your mate," Aileen continued. "Could you survive not seeing him for eternity? Could you survive that?" I didn't say anything at first. I couldn't help myself but recalling all of their faces. The ones that I considered as my siblings and the ones that were like my parents. My fraternal twins. The first one that I truly care for and that I would give my life for. My best friend. My other half. And then him. The only one who owned my not-beating heart. The love of my life. The one I was supposed to spend my eternity with. My mate. But I had to. I had no choice. I had to free my brother from this life of running away. And I couldn't involved them. Too many people died because of me. I don't want anymore to join them.

"My will to protect them is stronger than the pain," I just said. And it was. I loved them enough to leave.

"Your determination is really admirable," Aileen said. "But you cannot run away forever,"

"I still can try," I stubbornly said, making Aileen laugh. She slightly shook her head and looked at me.

"Even if we run as fast as we can. Even if we run faster than the light. Our past will always find its way back to us."

I knew she was right. I knew it. But I didn't know the confrontation would happen so fast after that.

~~

A/N:

Hi! Welcome to my book! I recently fell again for Twilight again. I always loved the story (even though now that I'm older, my opinion changed on the characters) and I still love it. So, I figured why not writing fiction about it. I don't really like Bella in the movie (but people say she's better in the books) so I wanted to imagine Edward with someone else (and same with Jacob. I wrote a book about him too). So I created this story. You might have noticed with the cover of the book, but my original character has some traits of Scarlett Witch/Wanda Maximoff (face claim and power) and same with her brother. I hope it doesn't bother you too much. I really love Scarlett Witch so I thought I could kind of use her. You'll find some references of the movie Avengers: Age of Ultron through the book too. Since I'm a HUGE fan of the MCU, I thought it would be funny to indirectly do a crossover. I hope you'll like this book. Enjoy!