Chapter 15

•••

•••

"Oh, Alice, Irene, hi, what brings you here?" Charlie greeted with a warm smile after opening the front door of the Swan residence. Alice and Irene went to Bella's house in order to give her an alibi to explain why she wouldn't be at home the next day. "If you're looking for Bella, she's out with Tony,"

Bella indeed out with Tony. They were actually at the battlefield with Jasper. During the previous night, Bella had a dream after hearing Jasper's story. Her dreamed told her that Victoria was actually behind the newborn army. She was using them as puppets to get to Bella. So, with Jasper, they elaborated a plan. Bella would diffuse a trail of her scent to the battlefield but then, it had to stop there. That was when the shifter, Jacob, take after. He would carry Bella to a camp in the mountains, far from the battlefield so the army would find her. Today, Jasper, Tony, Bella and Jacob would see if the shifter could cover Bella's scent. Irene knew how much Tony thrilled by the idea but he kept it for himself. He trusted Bella.

"Well, actually we came to see you," Alice explained with her usual joyful smile. Charlie frowned at first but stepped aside, allowing the two female vampires to enter the house. Charlie then closed the door and lead the two girls to the living room.

"Do you want anything to drink or eat?" Charlie asked but Irene politely declined. The three of them all sat on the couch, in front of the flat screen. "So, what do you want to talk about?"

"Our whole family is going camping this weekend," Alice started. The police chief already knew where the conversation was leading but didn't interrupt Alice and let her continue. "It'll be safe. We chose a secured area, no beast, no wild animal,"

"We were wondering if Bella could come with us. We're doing a sleepover tonight," Irene continued. Charlie didn't mind his daughter going camping. He was just hoping she wouldn't break a leg. Bella was clumsy but since Carlisle and Esme were there, he knew he didn't have to worry too much. The sleepover actually, was another thing. Mr Swan was quite protective with Bella, especially after how she broke her leg when she went back to Forks, after how all broken-hearted she was when Edward broke up with her and left and after how she suddenly- and without telling him - left the country to go to Italy. It had been stressful two years for Charlie and he grew more protective over his only daughter and child. And knowing that all of that was caused by a boy - minus for the broken leg since he didn't know the real story - the fact that Bella would be going to a sleepover in the house of the boy she liked... Charlie liked Tony, but he was worried that... you know... Bella and he would become more intimate. Charlie was seeing Bella like a little baby, it was hard to see that she was all grown up now. Irene saw that he was debating, having an internal conflict. She had an idea why. "Of course it would only be Alice, Bella and I. The others have other projects for tonight," Irene added, reassuring Bella's father. He seemed to relax after hearing what Irene said. But he wasn't going to refuse anyway. He, too, had projects for the weekend. And even though he was worried, he had to accept that his daughter was growing up.