Chapter 6

•••

•••

Days had passed. The Goodwin still didn't have talked to the Cullen's. Tony and Bella didn't have talked either. The Cullen's stay with their group of friends, or more like Bella's group of friends, and the Goodwin twins stayed together.

Irene was currently walking in the school corridors, heading to the literature class. It was the only class she had with Bella. But they still never had talked to each other. Irene was the solitary type of girl. But what a surprise to see Bella seating next to a certain bronze-haired boy. Edward Cullen was taking this class too. Just great. Note the sarcasm. Irene's chocolate eyes met with Edward's emerald eyes. She could stop the goosebumps to appear of her rock-like body. There was something about Edward that was pulling Irene towards him. It was strange. She just met him but she was very interesting by him. She wanted to know everything about him. But when Irene met Bella's eyes, the vampire snapped back into reality and walked to her desk at the back of the class. Edward and Bella were on the windows side. Irene was sat at the wall side. She had no desk mate so she rested her legs on the chair next to her. Irene tried to focus on the class. But she kept feeling a stare on her. She tore her gaze from the board to the one who was looking at her. Edward Cullen. He still had a confused and frustrated facial expression. Irene smirked and tilted her head on the side like she was teasing him. His frown deepened.

"You won't have access to my thoughts," she muttered so silently that nobody could even imagine that she had just talked, but she knew Edward had heard her.

She saw Edward taking a deep breath. Bella then looked over him and asked him if he was okay. He just smiled at her and nodded. The fact that he didn't have any access to Irene's mind was very frustrating. The only thing he could see was a thick red fog. It was absolute silence. There was no sound at all. It was just void. It was even more frustrating than with Bella. Because with the little human, he saw nothing. Just pitch black. But with Irene, there was that thick red fog. It was like he could have access to her mind but he could at the same time. It was driving him insane. The brown-haired vampire was a tear-proof puzzle he was craving to solve the mystery. She was an enigma. She intrigued him so much. He knew that behind those chocolate orbs, there were so many stories he wanted to hear. Behind that ice-like shell, there was a beautiful person he wanted to know. Nobody ever aroused so much interest in him. Not even Bella.

~~

"Hi!" a joyful voice said. Irene knew who it was. It wasn't really hard to guess. The brown-haired vampire closed her locker and looked at the two other vampires in front of them. Alice had a huge smile plastered on her face and next to him, Jasper had his usual expressionless face.

"Hi," Irene said, not as joyful as Alice. She, too, had an expressionless face. A few seconds later, she felt a presence behind her. She didn't have to turn around to know that it was her brother, Tony. Irene crossed her arms over her chest and leaned against her locker. Tony just shoved his hands into his pocket. When he smelled the scents of the two vampires with his sister, he quickly joined her, making sure that nothing bad happened.