Chapter 4

^^Indhu^^

Indhu's POV

"Indhu, paalu thesuko!" mom reminds me.

"Indhu, take the milk!" mom reminds me.

"Sare amma." I say, picking up the glass of milk.

"Ok mom." I say, picking up the glass of milk.

Tonight is the worst night that I will probably have. My first night. To be honest, I'm scared. I walk up the stairs with the glass of milk. I'm not ready for this step.

I open the door to the bedroom and don't see Surya. I hear the door to the bathroom open, and he walks out, wiping his hair with a towel. He is only wearing pants, and his shirt is off. He has a nice body actually.

No! Indhu stop! I scold myself.

"Uh, mammi paalu immanindi." I say quietly, looking down.

"Uh, mother told me to give you milk." I say quietly, looking down.

He just nods. I place the glass gently on the nightstand. When I turn around, he is right behind me. We are so close, and I can feel his breath. I look down, still not ready to do anything. After some time, I look up again to see him sitting on the edge of the bed, his back facing me.

"Sorry." he says.

"Enduku?" I ask.

"Why?" I ask.

"Neeku e pelli ishtam ledu anesi naaku telusu. Kaani..."

"I know that you don't like this marriage. But..."

I don't say anything. Its not that I don't like the marriage, its just that I wanted love. I wanted to have a love marriage, not an arranged one.

"And, naaku telusu, neeku love marriage chesukovali ani unnindani." he adds.

"And, I know that you wanted to have a love marriage." he adds.

I still don't say anything. He stands up and turns, looking at me.

"Indhu, e pelli jaragaledu." he says. Looking at me.

"Indhu, this marriage didn't happen." he says. Looking at me.

I look up, confused. This marriage did happen though. I'm married to this guy.

"Avunu Indhu. Nenu veyyalasina moodu mudlu veyyaledu. Rende vesanu." he says.

"Yes Indhu. I didn't tie the three knots like I was supposed to. I only tied two." he says.

I look up at him in shock.

"E-enti?" I ask.

"W-what?" I ask.

He nods. "Neeku e pelli ishtam ledu ani naaku telusu. Anduke, ila chesanu. Kaani, mee parentski, naa atha mamayyaki e vishayam theleekudadu. Manam oke intlo undam, kani neeku kavalante, vere roomslo undam."

He nods. "I know that you don't like this marriage. Thats why I did this. But, your parents and my aunt and uncle cannot know about this. We can live in the same house, but if you want, we can stay in different rooms."

I stand there, shocked. He did this for me.

Surya's POV

I know what I did was wrong, but I couldn't marry her. I knew that she doesn't like me, and that she didn't want an arranged marriage. I only tied two knots instead of three. I did this for her. Only for her.

I walk towards the closet in the room. Getting out a mat, pillow, and two blankets, I walk back towards her.

"Em chestunnaru?" she asks.

"What are you doing?" she asks.

"Meeru bed meeda padukondi. Nenu kinda padukunta." I reply.

"You sleep on the bed. I'll sleep on the floor." I reply.

"Ayyo, enduku." she says.

"Oh no, why." she says.

"Pelli kani vallu oke chota padukovadam manchidi kadu." I say to her.

"Un-married people should not sleep in the same place. It isn't good." I say to her.

She doesn't say anything.

"padukondi." i say to her.

"Sleep." I say to her.

"huh? ah." she says, lying down on the bed.

I sleep on the mat, and cover myself with one of the two blankets. The other one, I had put on top of the mat so that it will be comfortable. We were gonna move to my house tomorrow.

I can't help but wonder, will she ever love me?

Hey friends! I hope you like this story so far. Please comment on what you think of the story, and don't forget to hit the vote button if you like the story. Also, please share the story and check out my other books too.