Chapter 14

Surya's POV

I was so shocked that day when I saw the baby bottle in the closet that day. But I am very happy. Indhu is 9 months pregnant now, and man, she gets very moody. We had already decided on a name, Niveditha. I've stayed at home this month, since she can have the baby anytime.

"SURYA!" Indhu yells.

"Vasthunna." I yell back.

"Coming." I yell back.

I run up the stairs, scared that something happened.

"Em aiyindi?" I ask as I open the door.

"What happened?" I ask as I open the door.

"Bayataki veldama?" she asks sweetly.

"Lets go out?" she asks sweetly.

I roll my eyes at her childish behavior, but I nod.

She gets up, and I help her down the stairs. She sits on the small cushion near the door, and I help her put on her shoes, when she suddenly grabs my shirt.

"Surya." she whispers. I look up at her, scared.

"Surya." she whispers again.

Realizing what was happening, I carry her outside. I put her into the back seat, and get into the driver's seat. Turning on the car, I rush to the hospital.

Luck is not on my side today, since I get stopped in a checking spot, where there are is so much traffic. I get out of the car, Indhu in the backseat, crying in pain.

I rush to the police in the front.

"Sir, na bharyaki pains vastunnayi. Please vellanivvandi." I say to an officer.

"My wife is having pains. Please let us go." I say to an officer.

It  isn't my area, its the South, and I am DCP of the North side of the city, and I don't want to tell them about me being a police.

"Hey, chal cahl. Andari laga wait cheyyi." the constable replies.

"No no. Wait like the others." the constable replies.

"Rey! Em jaruguthondira?" I hear a voice.

"Hey! Whats happening?" I hear a voice.

"Sir, ithanu vellali ani antunnadu. Bharyaki pain unnayi anta." the constable replies.

"Sir, his wife is having pains it seems. He said he has to go." the constable replies.

"Sare, vellu." the voice says.

"Ok, go." the voice says.

"Thank you sir." I reply.

I start walking back to the car when the voice calls me again.

"Ey. Aagu."

"Hey. Wait."

I stop and turn around.

"Nuvvu...DCP Surya kada?" he asks.

"You are... DCP Surya right?" he asks.

"Yes." I reply.

The man walks out from behind the car. He looks familiar, but I don't know from where.

"Sare sare. Po."

"Ok ok. Go."

I smile and give a slight nod. I drive past the police, and see the police officer staring at me. I glance at his name tag, which says Vinodh.