Chapter 8

Indhu's POV

I awake to the bedroom door opening. The bed dips a little as someone sits on it next to me. I feel a hand gently stroking my hair.

"Thank you." Surya's voice says.

He stays quiet for some time.

"Neepai unna premani ela choopinchalo theleedu. Nenu emaina chesthe, amma nanna laaga vadilesthavemo ani bhayanga undi. Vadaladu. Please." he says.

"I don't know how to show you that I love you. I'm scared that if I do something you might leave me, just like mom and dad. Don't leave me. Please." he says.

"Vadalanu." I say, opening my eyes and smiling.

"I won't leave you." I say, opening my eyes and smiling.

"Indhu?!" he asks, shocked.

I sit up next to him, pulling my legs in. I look at the clock, and the time is 12:34 at midnight.

"Mehreen cheppindi. I'm sorry." I say to him.

"Mehreen told me. I'm sorry." I say to him.

He just smiles, trying to cover his sadness..

"Badani cover cheskoku. Manasulo unna badani evarithonanna share chesukunte, bharam thagguthundi antaru." I say. "Oka bhartha bharyatho thappi badalu inka evaritho chepthadu?"

"Don't try to cover your sadness. They say that if you tell someone your sorrows, they will be easier to bear." I say. "Who else will a husband share his sorrows with if not his wife?"

The smile on his face drops, and he looks at the bed. I gently place my hand on his to encourage him.

Surya's POV

I am aware that I am about to cry. Talking about my parents is the hardest thing to do in my life. They were the world to me. No one was more than them.

I look at Indhu and open my mouth to tell her something that even Mehreen is unaware of.

Flashback:

I lock my car and walk up the stairs, talking to Dhruva, who was in Dubai at the time. I ring the bell for some time. I knock on the door, but still, no one opens it. I realize that the door is slightly open.

"Dhruva, nenu malli chesthanu." I say to my best friend.

"Dhruva, I'll call you later." I say to my best friend.

"Sare ra mari. Bye."

"Ok then. Bye."

Putting my phone into my pocket, I slowly open the door. I don't see anyone there. Quietly pulling my gun out, I hold it up as if in a mission. Quietly, I walk into the house, which is dark. I look around the bottom floor. I check the kitchen, bathrooms, everything. But no sign of my parents.

I suddenly hear a noise coming from up stairs. Slowly, I walk up the stairs, careful not to make a noise. Going through each of the rooms, I come to my parents' room.

"Yekkada! Aa papers ekkadunnayi?" A guy says.

"Where! Where are the papers?" A guys says.

"Sir. Sir. Please sir. Aa papers ekkadunnayo maaku theleedu." my dad pleads.

"Sir. Sir. Please sir. We don't know where those papers are." my dad pleads.

"Ugh!! Useless!" the guy shouts. He turns around, and puts his hands on his head. Suddenly turning around, he shoots my parents.

My eyes widen as my parents' bodies hit the floor.

"AMMA! NANNA!" I yell, running into the room.

"MOM! DAD!" I yell, running into the room.

About five guys hold me.  I thrash against their grip as the guy who shot my parents walks up to them.

"Koduka?" he asks.

"Son huh?" he asks.

He checks my mom's pulse.

"Tsk. Paapam. Chachipoyindi." he says.

"Tsk. So sad. She died." he says.

He checks my dad's pulse as well.

"Oh. Nanna garu inka brathike unnaru!" he says.

"Oh. Daddy is still alive!" he says.

His expression darkens, and he pulls out a knife.

My eyes wide.

"Ey! Vaddu!" I yell.

"Hey! No!" I yell.

Smiling, he stabs my dad.

"REY!!" I yell, tossing off the guys holding me.

"HEY!" I yell, tossing off the guys holding me.

Running up to the guy, I knock him off his feet.

End of flashback

"Champesanu. Andarini. Amma nannani kapadaleka poyanu ani oka bada." I say, a tear escaping from my eyes.

"I killed them. All of them. There's just that sadness that I couldn't save my parents." I say, a tear escaping from my eyes.

"Aa na kodukulni!" I yell.

"Those idiots!" I yell.

"Shh. Shh." Indhu says, comforting me.

"paduko." she says.

"Sleep." she says.

I lie down, and she does the same next to me.

Indhu's POV

I feel bad. Really bad. I always thought he was like all men, cheats. But he is different.

"Indu?" he says.

"Hmm?"

"Nannu vadilesi vellavu kada?" he asks me.

"You won't leave me right?" he asks me.

I smile to myself.

"I promise. I won't." I reply.

But by that time, I hear light snoring.

I smile again, and fall asleep.

Hey guys! Sorry for not updating this week. I'm very busy. Please comment on what you think so far. Vote, share, and follow me. Also, check out my other books too! Thank you so much for reading this book. Hope you enjoy it!