Chapter 7

Indhu's POV

I stare at her in shock. I never knew she had a brother. And i never knew that her brother is my husband. That makes my best friend my sister-in-law.

"Enti?" I ask, finally able to talk.

"What?" I ask, finally able to talk.

"Avunu. Surya naa annayya." she repeats.

"Yea. Surya is my older brother." she repeats.

I don't say anything.

"Annayya ninnu choosinappude ishtapaddadu. Naaku cheppinappudu, nenu nammaledu. Oka roju, nenu Lavanya, Naishika, Ishika tho unnappudu vachi ninnu premisthunadu ani cheppadu. Memu help chesthamu ani cheppamu. Vaadu naa annayya ani evariki theleedu. Okka neeku thapppa." she continues.

"He fell in love with you when he first saw you. When he told me, I didn't believe it. Then, one day, when I was with Lavanya, Naishika, and Ishika, he came and told us that he liked you. We said we would help him. No one knows that he is my older brother. Besides you." she continues.

"Ante..." I trail off.

"That means..." I trail off.

"Vaadu ninnu chaala premisthunnade. Nee mundu okarini preminchinappudu aa ammayi vadilesi vellindi. Inka evarini preminchanu ani anukunnadu. Kaani, ninnu choosaka, premalo paddadu. Tharuvatha, nuvvu ekkada chi kodthavo anesi pelli daaka vachadu. Ninnu hurt cheyyali ani vaadi intention kaadu. Ee roju vaadu anni marchipoyi, untha happyga undaniki karanam nuvve." she says.

"He loves you a lot. Before you, he had loved another girl, but she left him. From then on, he promised himself not to love anyone else. But, after he say you, he fell in love you you. After, he was scared that you would reject him, so he brought the matter till marriage. He does not intend to hurt you at all. You are the reason he forgot everything and is this happy today." she says. 

"Marchipoya?" I ask, confused.

"Forgot?" I ask, confused.

"Repu ma amma nanna chanipyina roju."

"Tomorrow is our parents death anniversary."

And my smart reply to that was, "Oh..."

"Vaadu amma nannani champadam choosadu." she says after a while.

"He say our parents being murdered." she says after a while.

I look up at her, confused and shocked.

"Aa roju thvaraga intiki vachadu. Nenu officelo unninna. Nenu intiki vachi choose lopala, sevalu, madyalo vaadu." she says, crying.

"That day, he had come home early. I was at office. By the time I had come home, there were dead bodies on the ground, and he was in the middle." she says, crying.

I stand and walk over to her. Sitting next to her, I gently place my hand on her shoulder.

"Velli paduko." I say.

"Go sleep." I say.

"Indhu. naaku matta ivve. Vaadini vadalavu anesi maata ivvu." she begs me.

"Indhu. Promise me. Promise me that you will never leave him." she begs me.

I look down at her hand. Gently placing my hand palm down in hers, I say, "I promise. I will never leave him."

"Thank you. Thank you so much." she says, hugging me.

"Velli paduko." I repeat.

"Go sleep." I repeat.