Epilouge

Surya's POV

"Nivi." I shout as I finish packing her lunch.

I hear her running down the stairs.

"Nanna?" she asks.

"Dad?" she asks.

"Vachi thindu. Schoolki time aythundi." I say.

"Come eat. Its almost time for school." I say.

"Sare nanna."

"Ok dad."

She sit in her chair and finishes her bread and jam. I put a glass of milk in front of her and she drinks that too.

We both walk out, and I sit on my bike. I help her get on in front of me, and drive to her school. After dropping Nivi off, I go to the station.

"Hi ra. Ela nadusthondi?" Dhruva asks.

"Hi man. How's it going?" Dhruva asks.

"Nadusthondi ra. Nee kada enti?" I reply.

"Its going man. What's your story?" I reply.

"Em ledura." he says.

"Nothing man." he says.

"Inka aa ammayena?" I ask. 

"Still the same girl?" I ask.

He just looks down, almost blushing. I shake my head, smiling. I know him too well.

"Kotha cases emayina unnaya?" I ask.

"Are there any new cases?" I ask.

He shakes his head no.

"Pending cases?" I ask.

He nods yes. I smile, and he nods, walking away to bring the pending files to my desk.

I look through the files and find a case that grabs my interest.

"Highways lo dongalu. Dochukovadame kaka, champadam kooda..." I read a newspaper headline.

"Thieves on the highways. Not only do they steal, they kill..." I read a newspaper headline.

I look up at Dhruva who is standing in front of me and smile at him.

"Dorikindira mana case." I say.

"I found my case man." I say.

****

I look at the time.

Shit! Its already 4.

Nivi will kill me if I am late. She is just like her mother. Gosh.

"Sare bye ra." I say to Dhruva before leaving.

"Ok bye man." I say to Dhruva before leaving.

He waves bye to me. I take the file with me so I can read the case details at home. I pick Nivi up and we both drive home.

I give her a snack, and she works on her homework. I sit on the sofa with the file and start reading it.

Suddenly, the file is snatched out of my hands.

"Ey!" I exclaim in surprise.

"Hey!" I exclaim in surprise.

"Nannu Nivini naa amma nanna deggariki pampinchi nuvvu theerigga kurchoni chaduvuko." Indhu says, throwing the file on the coffee table.

"Send me and Nivi to my parents' house and you sit and read peacefully." Indhu says, throwing the file on the coffee table.

I stand up and gently place my hands on her shoulders.

"Indhu." I say. She pouts. "Tsk. Indhu. Itu choodu."

"Indhu." I say. She pouts. "Tsk. Indhu. Look here."

She turns her head the other way. I turn her chin towards me, and look into her eyes. I gently place my hands on her stomach. She is currently six months pregnant.

"Ninnu vadhile ekkadiki velthanu?" I ask.

"Where will I go leaving you?" I ask.

Nivi runs up to us and gets into the middle of us, forming a human sandwich with both our kids in the middle. We put our foreheads together and stay like that.

"I love you." I say.

She smiles. "I love you too..."

Hey guys!!!! So reached my goal!!! To be honest, I never thought I would finish this chapter today. I seriously thought I would keep it until October 31. Lol. I mean, I am a pretty big procrastinator yk.

Hope you all enjoyed reading this book. This is my first book on this account(and my first Indian book), and I will miss writing it. **Cries** I love this book so very much, and hope you all liked it as well.

Anyways, as promised, I will start a new book as soon as I finish one chapter. Now, I want to finish Undercover by October 31, though I'm not sure if I will be able to, but that's my next target.

Also, I want to thank all of you for the support that you gave to this book. In total, this book has 912 reads, 58 votes, and 23 comments as of now(October 22,2020). I wish you will continue supporting my current and future works. Thank you all so very much.🙏

With all love,

Your Telugu_girl♥