Chapter 17

Surya's POV

"Arun Arun Arun." I chant, pacing up and my room.

"Ekkado aa peru choosa." I whisper to myself.

"I saw that name somewhere." I whisper to myself.

"Surya calm down." Mehu says again.

I just ignore her and continue pacing, thinking.

"Surya-" she starts again, for probably the hundredth time in the past ten minutes. I snap.

"Ey! Indhu Nivi iddaru vaadi daggare unnaru!" I shout.

"Hey! Both Indhu and Nivi are with him!" I shout.

She just looks down. I sit on the bed, my head in my hands. Mehu sits down next to me and gently places a hand on my shoulder.

"Sorry ra." she says.

A tear falls into my lap. Mehu gently strokes my hair. I put my head in her lap and lie down, crying. I used to do this to mom whenever I felt like crying, or when I felt angry or helpless. And right now, I was feeling all three.

Mehu gently strokes my head, which calms me down a little, but the tears still run down my face. I keep looking straight, my head still on Mehu's lap, when I see a blue folder on my table.

I get up and grab the folder. Quickly, I look through it, but don't find what I'm looking for. I rush to the cupboard and fling the doors open. Looking through the stacks of papers in it for the one folder I am looking for.

"Surya. Em vethukuthunnavu?" Mehreen asks.

"Surya. What are you searching for?" Mehreen asks.

"Mehu. Oka blue color folder untundi. Adi vethuku." I say to her.

"Mehu. There is a yellow colored folder. Search for that." I say to her.

"Sare."

"Ok."

We keep searching, when mehu yells out.

"Anna. Dorikindi." she yells.

"Anna. Found it." She yells.

I rush over to her and take the file from her hands.

I shuffle through the papers until I find the one I was looking for. It is a land contract document which has the signature of a man named Arun Kumar.

I had found it as I cleaned my parents' room one day, and had decided to keep the folder, since it looked important.

I grab my phone and call Dhruva.

"Aa cheppara." he answers the phone.

"Yea. Tell me." he answers the phone.

"Arun Kumar gurinchi motham details kavali. Nenu thirty minutes lo akkada unta." I say.

"I need all the datails about Arun Kumar. I will be there in thirty minutes." I say.

"Sare." he replies.

"Ok." he replies.

****

I rush to the police station and Dhruva meets me.

"Arun Kumar oka buisinessman. Land mafia tho ties kuda unnayi" he says.

"Arun Kumar is a buisinessman. He also has ties with the land mafia." he says.

I nod, thinking.

"Ee land gurinchi naaku motham details kavali." I say, handing over the blue folder to him.

"I want all the details about this land." I say, handing over the blue folder to him.

He nods and leaves with the folder. I sit in my chair, at the computer, and decide to do some research on Arun Kumar.

Lets see what it brings...

My phone rings. I look at the caller.

Unknown.

I lift the phone call.

"Hello Surya. Neeku oka photo pampisthanu. Choodu."

"Hello Surya. I will send you a picture. See it."

My phone vibrates and I look at it. A picture of Indhu, tied to a chair with a cloth in her mouth pops up onto my screen.

"Rey!" I yell.

"Hey!" I yell.

"Shh shh shh." he says in response.

"Cool baby cool."

"Neeku nee pellam bidda kshemanga kavalante, aa documents theesukonu nenu cheppinattu cheyyi."

"If you want your wife and daughter back safely, take those documents and do as I say."

"Nuvvu cheppinatte chesthanu. Please. Vallani emi cheyyadu." I say.

"I will do as you say. Please. Don't do anything to them." I say.

"Hmm. Sare. Naa next call varaku wait chey." he says.

"Hmm. Ok. Wait for my next call." he says.

"Rey! Rey!" I shout into the phone.

"Hey! Hey!" I shout into the phone.

But I don't get a reply.

"Ahh!" I shout, banging my fist on my table.

**1 Hour Later**

My phone rings.

Unknown Caller

I take a deep breath and lift the phone call...

Hey guys! I know its been very long. Hope you liked the chapter. What do you think will happen next? Comment and let me know! Anyways, have a great rest of the day!