29. More Bad Kids & Situations

Darius Dixon 

After an awkward five minutes and another few minutes drive, I was now at Clarice's house. A child so adequately named for her teenage Netflix drama character. Like she could have walked out of those nauseating shows Carols always talked about. 

Clarice rolled her eyes as she spoke giving off an air of arrogance, "Okay look Mr I don't know who you are but I am not talking to you if you want information go to the police. I already told them everything I know." 

"Do your parents know you are the reason why my sister was kidnapped?" I said suddenly realising that I might not want kids if they turned out to be like this dressed up night terrors. 

"My parents don't need to know that because I wasn't..."

I cut her off before she could continue because she clearly enjoyed the sound of her own voice, "You are if you were the last one to see her alive."

"That's not how abduction works. I would know I watch crime shows." She said looking at her nails as if the conversation was boring to her. 

Teenagers. 

"Come on kid tell me what you know I will give you a hundred dollar bill," I said changing tactics because this was clearly getting me nowhere. 

"Urgh. Okay so Like yeah Olivia came over or whatever because her wardrobe is tragically out of date. Said something about impressing her soon to be boyfriend. He is a college dude, as if. Anyway, she totally sluts it up for him. Then she texted him, so he could pick her up. But he said no she should meet him at the school..." 

"School?"

"You know the guy's university. Davenport? The one in Musdang." 

"I know where Davenport U is," I said, gesturing for her to go on.  

"Yeah, so she asked to borrow my car. As if I would let her get in my baby unsupervised, She is adopted you know. How am I to know where she came from." Clarice whispered the last part like it was a conspiracy.

My fists clenched as I resisted the urge to strangle the little bratty girl. Just one squeeze and the world would already be a better place.  

"So she called Joan to pick her up. Yeah, Joan kinda has a thing for her but that road is closed and never opening if you know what I mean."

"No, I don't. Give me this Joan's number." 

"No, you could totally be a pedo. Joan is only sixteen. I am not giving you her number."  Clarice said, finally showing some decent humanity. 

"Fine. Give me her Parents number then." 

"Urgh. Give me my money and I will give you her address, not a number." 

I pulled my wallet from my pockets and handed the girl a bill. Then she recited the address like she knew it off heart.

Joan was certainly not what I was expecting. For one her clothes were barely existent and the moment she opened the door she battered her eyes at me like she was trying to push out an eyelash from her eyes. I actually thought she had something in her eye. Until she leaned on the door frame with the door opened and whispered in my face 'Hey Sexy.' 

"Yeah, No," I said, pushing her off me. But not before I smelt the stench of strong liquor on her breath. 

Honestly with friends like this no wonder Liv was missing. Billy was just using her, Clarice was a mean kid and the one in front of me was...groping me? 

"Hey! No. Can I come in?" I asked because if the neighbours saw me being gropped by a kid I would definitely be going to jail. And I had other important problems to think of.