part 4. Azazel knows.

Issei was at the Grigori and all his team mates were there.

Azazel: sorry kid I can't find anything wrong with you. I have no idea what happened to you and there's no evidence that anything ever happened.

Rias: he nearly cut me down Azazel.

She said in a sorrow filled tone.

Issei: I'm sorry... Rias.

The way Issei apologized felt only half real. It was cold. Almost as if he didn't regret it.

Azazel: what the hell happened between you and her?

Issei: can we please not talk about?

Asia: Issei if you won't tell him then we will. We can trust him.

Issei:......alright. I'll tell you.

Issei would then tell him everything that happened, from the drama in the clubroom, his reaction, depression, no desire etc. Azazel was listening quietly but his blood was boiling.

Azazel: that explains the shock waves of the coast of Japan and the new craters on the moon but the mask appearing makes no sense. Issei think back, did something else happen?

Issei goes to a deep though, he starts from the moment he heard her tell him that she let him die only to use him. Tears formed and he begins to shake, the girls quickly hold his hands and it calms him down surprisingly, he manages to look through his memories and remembers something.

Issei: I remember being attacked after I woke up the next day. I was near a bunch of trees and bushes and I heard some twig snap, I though it was a small animal like a wild cat, dog or maybe a rabbit or something so I paid no attention....then my instincts kicked in but not before what thing bit me.

Irina: what thing?

Issei: it was similar to a skin walker I read about but it was weaker, ash grey and had horns, it looked like it's head was a skull and there was a hole in its chest. It bit me then it turned to dust.

Azazel seems stoic but he was panicking on the inside.

Azazel: Issei.

Azazel's tone was fully serious.

Azazel: that thing that bit you was a Vasto Lorde.

Asia: a what?

Azazel: it's a hollow and the strongest one of its kind.

Irina: a hollow?

Azazel: a hollow is a monstrous soul-eating spirit that results when a deceased soul is consumed by negative emotions or is forcibly converted by other hollows. All hollows have masks attached to their faces and a hollow hole somewhere on their bodies; they also have a tendency to attack those who were close to them in their human lives, which they superficially have no recollection of. How they turn into them is when their emotions consume them, a hole represent their how missing heart and the mask now shows their identity in a way.

There are plain hollows that come in all shapes and sizes with most having unique abilities. Those are the low class menos. Gillians are hundreds of menos eating each other and becoming one single hollow, they are also called menos grande.

 Gillians are hundreds of menos eating each other and becoming one single hollow, they are also called menos grande

Azazel pulls out some images from a file.

Azazel: that's a menos grande and they travel in packs to increase chances of survival because they are surprisingly very weak. The next are called Adjuhas, they are stronger, faster, intelligent and cunning. They can even speak but the next one is the deadliest of all. The Vasto Lorde, luckily they are very very rare. When an Adjuhas becomes a Vasto Lorde it becomes smaller, about the size of the average human and even have a human like body but their abilities are frightening. Close to an ultimate class devil easily. There are also adjuhas which are hollows with their masks removed, they get soul reaper powers, all hollows have one primary attack called a cero, it's a powerful beam of energy that can destroy continents and even the lowest level hollows are that strong.

Issei: then how am I not dead? It could have killed me that day, I didn't even sense it at first.

Azazel: that's just it, it is nothing but rage and fighting instincts. There is no presence to sense even when it stands in front of you. Most hollows have one common attack. A Cero.

Irina: a Cero?

Azazel: it's an energy based attack like Issei's dragon shot or Welsh bishop blaster. One shot if powerful enough can do far too much damage especially a continuous beam being fired.

Issei: then why did it disintegrate after it bit me?

Azazel: they need to feed on other hollows to maintain their power but since there's not enough hollows in the human world it grew too weak.

Irina: wait if human souls turn into them then how are their so few hollows?

Azazel: the soul reapers handle them, it's their job to help them pass over lost souls. How one Vasto Lorde ended up in the human world must be a fluke. They are usually in a different dimension once the soul reapers pass them on, maybe this one went undetected this whole time.

Issei: so why did that mask appear?

Azazel: my guess is that when it bit you, it tried to consume you since you have Ddraig in you but being in such a state, you temporarily became a hollow.

The 3: WHAT?

Azazel: that would explain why couldn't find anything, there's no presence thus no way to trace it.

Issei: now I'm really afraid.

Issei now slightly pale again, it got their attention.

Irina: we're right here Issei.

Issei: but what if it happens again and I try to hurt you?

Asia: you won't. We know it.

Issei: not what happened to Rias according to you guys.

Azazel: about that, you skipped Saji and attacked her while ignoring the others. You still hate her?

Issei: .....for what she put Asia through....yes. a part of me still does....

Rias now had regret and anguish written all over her.

Irina:..............

Azazel: I'm glad you were stopped. That would have made you a stray and public enemy number one.

Everyone:......

Issei: is there a way to control it?

Azazel: ......I don't know but here. Take this arm band and it'll alert me if it happens again. Maybe try going to Kyoto. Maybe the sage users there can help balance out your emotions but before that you need to talk to them and accept the changes and the sudden revelation, you won't be able to control it if you can't control yourself. It might just consume you entirely.

Azazel attached an arm band right where he was bitten.

Issei: thanks, we can always count on you.

Azazel: happy to help. Now don't you all have a rating game to prepare for? you don't have long ya know.

Issei: right, thanks again.

They all leave.

Azazel: be safe Issei, this will be hard for not just you but those around you.