part 8. acceptance?

For the whole week Issei trained but it was a same result each time, Ahri, Rossweisse, Azazel and Yasaka all had to restrain Issei and break his mask everytime he lost control. Issei lay in deep though, Everytime he fought his hollow self he would get the same response from it.

"All that you know is all that I know but the difference is that I'm what you're afraid of the most."

Issei: what did he mean by that?

Ahri: still confused huh?

Issei: oh hey Ahri.

Ahri: what's going through the mind of the grabbin dragon this time?

Issei: please don't call me that, I hate it.

Ahri: oh that's right, you hate what you used to be.

Issei: who told you? Azazel or Rossweisse?

Ahri: the latter.

Issei: right...

Ahri: you are over thinking it.

Issei: how so?

Ahri: I can't tell you, if I did that then you'll never master the power within.

Issei: yeah.....that's fine.

Ahri looks at Issei as he stares off into the distance. She noticed the 3 scars on his cheek. She whispers to herself.

(Ahri: how did I not notice that he has the same marks as I do?)

Ahri: hey Issei, funny thing.

Issei: this ought to be good.

Ahri: we have the same marks on our cheeks and you also have similar marks when your mask appears.

Issei touches the 3 scars that Rias gave him and it just reminded him of everything. Ahri saw the look of despair in his eyes and her ears dropped at her failed attempt to lighten the mood.

Ahri: looks like I brought up some bad memories, sorry.

Issei: don't be. No one lives a perfect life. This is just a part of mine.

Ahri: Issei....I know you're still hurting inside.

Issei: but I forgave them, I still care for them and want all of us to be together.

Ahri: but did you forgive yourself?

Issei: forgive....myself?

Ahri: yes... You made some mistakes in your past, you were extremely perverted but you're miserable now. You're angry about everything and you hate yourself. Don't you?

Issei:.....

Ahri: forgive yourself and accept it.

Issei: how can I? My perverted nature effected the entire underworld, those poor kids, almost all the women in my team and many others I mostly thought about adding to my harem...I thought about them as objects to fulfill my own desires damn it.

Ahri:....... But you still loved them, you saw them as the people they were, not the titles they carry. You were kind to them and from what I heard you refused to make a move because you knew it wasn't the right time or place.
You're a good man Issei, don't let the dark consume the light. You deserve love too.

Ahri gives Issei a quick kiss on the cheek then walks away. Issei placed his hand on his cheek and thinks.

Issei: her kiss was softer than any of the other girls.......forgive myself huh.

Ddraig: what are you thinking Issei?

Issei: nothing really, it's a whim but it's something worth trying.