29.

Lauren

Lauren

"Hey baby" Dave stood up from his seat to greet me.  As you may know he was someone I met earlier on. We talked the whole time and after exchanged numbers. We've been on a few dates in the mix of Ermias and I being on and off but nothing too serious. He could be weird some time but he apologized and actually really cool.

"Hey Dave, how are you" I smiled walking into his hug.

I inhaled his cologne. He smelled great, not like Ermias, but still good.  "Can't complain, how are you? How was your day? Did you get my flowers?" I nodded smiling thinking of the lillies he sent to my door early that morning. 

"I'm good, and it was nice. Kam's dad ended up stopping by to set up a schedule. And yeah I did they're sitting on my dining room table" He smiled nodding before helping me into my seat.

"I ordered you what you always drink already". He said.  "Thanks" I gave him a tight smile before looking down at my vibrating phone. 

Ermias: "I just got Emani, Im keeping them tonight so don't worry bout having to drive all the way over here." I sent him back that that was fine before averting my attention back on Dave. "Sorry, kam's dad was just updating me"  He nodded his head before looking off to the side. He did this when he had something to say but didn't know how to say it. 

"What's on your mind? And don't try to say nothing cause I already know it's something" Laughing he shook his head before opening his mouth.

"Why does he text you all the time when we're together?" As soon as the words left his mouth I rolled my eyes, and didn't care if he saw. 

"Because he has our son. He knows I like to know where he's at or doing just like I know he likes to know where he's at." 

"Do you have feelings for him?"

"Does that matter? He's going to be in my life whether you like it or not. We have a child together. If you feel uncomfortable with that then we can just end this thing now to be honest." I spoke calmly while leaning back in my chair.

My child comes first, and his father is close after her. Anyone who doesn't like it can't leave and let the door hit them on the way out.

"That's not what Im saying at all though. I just feel like every time we're together he text you or calls you. Like when we went on the date to the movies. He called you mid movie and you answered it. Fuck you mean? How would you feel if my child and my child's mother was doing that?"  Staring at him I contemplated what I was going to say next without sounding like an ass. 

"When we went to the movies he called me asking where was his pacifier because he was crying. You think he intentionally calls me when we're together? And if the mother of your child would call you I wouldn't feel no type of way, I'm a mother, mother's worry about there child!" I looked him up and down over this whole conversation.