A Room Full of Love

I stood in front of a floor length mirror as a blushing, beautiful bride. My floor-length wedding dress wasn't the biggest or the flashiest, but it was the most sentimental. It was my mom's dress, all the way back from the year 2007.

Since my dad couldn't be here, I wanted to have some element from his past on my wedding day. I also needed my "something old," so Mom's wedding dress worked perfectly.

"Geez Poppy, suck it in!" Chrys said, pulling the straps of the tie-back gown. "I don't mean to be a jerk or anything, but I think you let your stress-eating get to you."

"You want to talk about weight?" I said, giggling.

Chrys put her hands on her hips. She was looking big and round in her blush-colored gown.

"It figures. I pick the worst times to get pregnant, I swear," Chrys said, tying a bow with the remaining slack from the straps.

"Do you think you're ready for your second set of twins?" I asked.

"I did two boys once with no help. I can do it again, especially with help. Only difference is that I'll have trouble telling them apart at first," she said, placing the veil in my hair. "It figures, I get married to a guy who's a twin."

The door flew open, and in came my brother in law, holding up his niece like she was an airplane—it was probably her favorite thing in the world. I didn't even know how he was able to hold onto her with all that poof from her flower girl dress.

"Here we go with Daisy Airlines! Coming in for landing!" he said, making airplane noises while she held her arms out and giggled.

"Faster! More!" Daisy said.

"Ivan, be careful! She just had her hair done!" I said.

"Just relax, bridezilla," Chrys said, laughing.

Ivan set Daisy down, and she ran right over to me.

"Look at me, Momma! I'm a superstar!" she said, the big blue eyes identical to her dad's looking up at me through her glasses.

"Look at you! You look so beautiful!" I said.

At seven, Daisy knew she already wanted to be a big star like her dad. Although she struggled in school, she never had an issue with memorizing lines for school plays or any of the local commercials I was able to get her into. Soon, Chase was going to bring her down to the city to try out some modeling.

I went to hug her, but she was shying away. She balled her hand into a fist and started knocking on my stomach.

"Hell-o-o! Hello in there!" she said, leaning her ear right against it.

"Hey, what are you doing? You being silly again? There's no one in there!" I said, turning her around. "Go knock on Auntie Chrys!"

"What? But Momma—"

The door flew open again, and in ran all the chaos. Blaze and Ollie ran in, dressed in their adorable little mini-suits. They were chasing two out of the three little siblings Chrys and I never thought we'd have.

At thirty-eight, Mom became pregnant by surprise with what doctors called "a going out of business sale" of triplets, due to her getting pregnant later in life. Her and Michael wanted to stick with the flower-ish theme we had going on...even if the names were a little off. Then again, I had a daughter in heaven named Dandelion. I wasn't really the one to give an opinion.

There was the only boy, Rhododendron, who we all called Rhody, who was just as rambunctious as his two eight-year-old nephews. Then there was Lily, who had the biggest attitude of any three-year-old I'd ever seen, unless she was with her bestie, Daisy. Then there was Fern, who was shy and quiet. Rhody and Lily had light brown hair like Mom and I, and Fern had a fiery head of red hair like her dad.

The two girls were dressed in blush-colored dresses with matching flower crowns, just like Daisy, who was already on the floor playing with Lily. Chrys and Ivan were ranging the boys. Fern was in the doorway, holding her dad's hand. As for Mom, she was already a big mess of tears after seeing me in her wedding gown.

"Look at you, Poppy! My little baby girl is getting married!" she said, her hands cupping my face.

"Mom, I'm not even the baby anymore," I said.

"That's true. Technically it was Lily who was born last," Chrys said.

"Just let me have my moment!" Mom said.

And just like that, the door opened one last time. Destiny and Marisol came in, their hands in the air, and each one holding a bottle of champagne.

"Did somebody order a party? Because the bridal par-tay is here!" Destiny said.

"Okay, first of all, no drinks until the cocktail hour. You know I want to have a classy ceremony," I said.

Both of the girls pouted.

"Ha! I hate to break it to you, but that's probably not going to happen when you have six little kids involved," Mom said. "Even with all the practice we did."

"Excuse me ladies! Are we all ready to go? It's time to line up," said Denise, my wedding planner.

"I'm all set," I said, giving myself one last look in the mirror.

"Okay, let's get this show on the road!" Denise said.

We walked out into the hallway of the historic church Mom would take us to every Christmas. I could already hear the orchestra playing. The Hetchers' actually footed the bill for most of this whole grand affair. Katherine wanted to show off to all her rich friends I was forced to invite.

Denise gave everyone their ques on when to talk down the aisle. As the star of the show, I was all the way in the back. I gripped tightly onto my bouquet of blush and magenta tiger lilies, the perfect flowers for my bright, spring wedding.

I saw the big doors open. First down the aisle was Mom and Michael. He offered to walk me down the aisle, and while he was a good guy, I declined. This was just something I really wanted to do alone.

Next was Marisol and Keith, who was Chase's best bud from the set of A Castle of Shadows. After them were Destiny and Chase's friend Sam, also from the show. Following them was Chrys and Ivan. After Chase met Ivan, they were inseparable. They had the cutest bromance I'd ever seen.

Next, we had the three boys. As soon as Denise told them to go, they thought it was a race and all sped down the aisle, to a big laughing crowd. Finally, it was time for Daisy, Fern, and Lily. All three girls linked arms, just like they'd practiced, and perfectly started placing their flower petals as soon as they got into the aisle.

I took a deep breath and waited. Once the girls got to the altar, the "Here Comes the Bride" song started playing. Denise gave me the que to go, and I stepped into the massive church. It was all eyes on me, and I wouldn't have had it any other way on the biggest day of my life.