Dinner for Two

The sight of the radio demon and the fallen angel sitting at the same table could make any demon spit out their water. It is a recipe of disaster if anything goes wrong for their candlelit dinner. The brave soul of a waiter approach them to ask them for their orders. "We would like to have your order of venison - extra rare with mine and for the wonderful lady's plate well-done!" Alastor orders for the both of them. In addition, they ask for a glass of wine. 

Quickly, their waiter left to the kitchen with a bottle of wine to serve to them. Alastor grins at the sight of the cowering demon waiter serving the both of them. The waiter left them by themselves. Belial couldn't help but let out a short laugh. "Don't scare our waiter, Alastor if you do then we got no else to serve us."

"No promises, my dear since he looks he is going to keel over at any second." 

"That will be a hard thing to do since you know he needs to be stabbed by a holy weapon or a powerful attack from a demon." 

"That I can do unless you would like to do the honors?" 

Belial shakes her head, laughing under her breath. "No need, let us relax and enjoy dinner." She replies. Alastor accepts her answer. His eyes look down at Belial's hands resting on top of the table. Her right finger touch the ring around her thumb. His grin is more lively at the sight. "Venison, it's been a while since I eat any type of game." Belial comments with a grin. She heard the radio demon chuckle. 

"Of course, they are quite delicious if prepared well." He replies. Belial nods her head since she doesn't know that Alastor is a deer demon himself. She only knew people based on their description of themselves. She only knew that Alastor bears a powerful aura, a radio-like voice, and his height is taller than her. If only she knew what he looks like, it will be ironic to say the least. 

"Then, I take it that you can make a mean venison." 

"Why, yes! I am quite well versed in cooking any type of game." 

"Really? I would like to the judge of that." 

"I take it as a challenge, my dear. You won't regret tasting more of my cooking." 

He sounds quite happy when replying to her. Both sides are quite relaxed in their seat from holding this conversation. "You mention you learn how to cook from your mother. Did she taught you anything else?" Belial asks. Alastor sat up straight as his smile seems to held a hint of gentleness. 

"Of course, she has raised me as a gentleman. She encourage me to pursue different things such as learning to play instruments and singing." 

"Heh, a man of many talents. What else are you hiding, Alastor?" 

He felt some sort of glee when hearing her words. Alastor doesn't know how to describe this mixture of emotions under the many layers of his heart. 

Glee, satisfaction, and excitement... 

"Oh, you flatter me with those words my dear! I'm afraid I can't tell anymore since I would like to keep things as a surprise! It just keep things more exciting, don't you think?" Before Belial could reply, their waiter brought their plates of venison. Not wanting their food to be cold, they eat their dinner and drink their glass of wine. 

+++

After dinner, Belial and Alastor left the restaurant with a stomach full of delicious food and wine. They walk beside each other, silently enjoying each other's company. It is rare to have a peaceful time especially in Hell. Alastor and Belial decide to take a stroll away from the busy streets to walk down the dirt road. The sound of crickets caught their ears. "Familiar, isn't it?" Belial broke the silence. Alastor looks down at the woman to see the tiny smile on her face. "Of course, it felt like it is yesterday. We were walking to your 'bus stop'."