Bite the Bullet

In the darkest corner of an alleyway, Belial sat against the brick wall. Nifty looks at the blind woman who winces every time she takes a breath. The spot of blood became bigger as the taste of blood color Belial's mouth. She felt like thorns wrap around her heart. Not wanting to waste any time, Belial muster the strength to summon her shadow friend. "Get...Help." She orders the shadow. Nifty quickly went to her side when Belial coughs up blood. Dark gold and spit mix to the floor. "Nifty, you got to do me a favor." Belial still keep her voice calm as she rip her shirt to reveal her bloody chest to show an inch wide hole. It looks like a bullet wound. 

She lifts her back from her spot as she moves her shirt down. "Check...if...there is an exit wound." Nifty quickly looks at Belial back to her shock to see three scars around Belial's lower back. Belial could hear her faint gasp. She doesn't want to show her back but now it is not the time to worry about it now. "There is no exit wound." Nifty told her. 

"I think it is a bullet." Belial coughs out. 

She got to get this thing out of her chest. 

"Let me help then." Nifty is ready to take the thing out of her chest but Belial's left hand wrap around her hand to stop her. "No...Let me do it." Belial told her. She knows it is not a demonic bullet since it doesn't affect her like this.

She doesn't want Nifty hurt from this bullet. 

"It's...holy. It will hurt you." 

Lifting up her right hand for Nifty to see something forming at her finger tips - metal claws with strange etchings on the surface. Without a single moment of hesitation, she drives her right hand into chest. Nifty heard the sound of crackling bones, tearing of muscle, the sound of blood dripping on the ground. She could only watch in shock as Belial shows no reaction to having her hand into her chest. 

Pulling out her hand out of her chest, Belial held a single glowing bullet between her index finger and thumb. A moment of relief could be seen on Belial's face as she rests her back against the brick wall. Her right hand lay limply on her side. "Got it..." Belial broke the tense silence with a tired grin at Nifty. The cyclops' eye is on the bullet resting on the palm of Belial's hand. The fallen angel couldn't see the fading glyphs on the bullet as it disappears - losing its power. Belial breathes in a sharp breath, "Shit...it hurts to move." Nifty quickly takes out a clean handkerchief from her skirt pocket to press on Belial's wound. 

"Let's go, then! Can you heal? You, angels can heal right?" This question made Belial chuckle softly. "I would but...I can't..." She admits. She thought this bullet is an exterminator bullet that she could handle but this bullet is different. It seems stronger, dangerous. Belial couldn't admit it but she felt like she is close to death for that moment. Nifty quickly darts around the alleyway for any way to help her - anything. 

"Haha, what do we find here?" The women heard a deep crackling voice. Nifty saw many eyes of demons on the bleeding Belial resting against the wall. The sight of her blood and flesh brought pleasant chill down their spine. Nifty saw a range of emotions from their eyes - lust, greed, hunger, thirst for blood. "The fallen angel, Belial on the ground like a wounded animal! I never thought the day we would see you like this!" One of the demon's howl with laughter. The others laugh with him. 

Nifty glares at the group of hungry demons. She is ready to tear these demon's eyes and limbs off. The sound of shuffling made Nifty looks at her right. Belial slowly pulls herself up then wipe away the blood from the corner of her mouth. These demons are asking a death wish. Just because she looks like this doesn't mean she is not out of the count. The whispers echoing in her head became frequent.