Start of the Day

"Good morning, dear Belial!" Alastor greets Belial happily. The blind woman greets him with a grin in which he returns his own smile. She felt his right hand brush against her own for a moment as he reach for the newspaper on the table beside her. Alastor took the empty seat at her right while Belial drinks from her mug of coffee. 

Both of them sat at the dining table in the early hours of morning. Since it is early in the morning, the other residence in the hotel are still sleeping. In this moment together, they silently enjoys each other's company. Belial felt Alastor's presence close to her side. She smiles behind her mug as she realizes that his seat is a bit closer to hers. 

As they both confess their feelings for each other two nights ago, they are 'courting' each other. Their physical forms of affection are kept at a minimum or behind closed doors. There is no need to display their affections in public since they want to keep their courting a secret for now. They want to focus on making this party a reality. 

Three days left until the welcoming party is open to the public.  

"Darling?" 

"Hm?" 

"Have you changed your hair?" 

This question made Belial put down her mug of coffee to turn to his direction. Her right hand moves to touch her hair bun with confusion on her face. "No, I don't think so. Why?" She replies. The woman heard him humming under his breath. "I see! I know what is the problem. Turn around for me, darling." Belial blinks but does what he asked. The woman felt her hair loosen as Alastor takes off her hair tie. She felt his hands comb through her hair. 

It seems Alastor is taking his sweet time to fix Belial's hair. "Is this an excuse to touch my hair?" Belial couldn't help but let out a soft laugh. "Of course not, darling! I'm trying to fix your hair. It seems that you are still tired this fine morning for leaving your hair such a mess!" He responds in a cheeky voice. Belial let him fix her hair even if he is playing around right now. Alastor's eyes took in the sight of Belial's white hair. Her hair reminds him the smooth surface of a pearl. Her hair is well-cared for despite being here in Hell. 

With reluctance, Alastor ties up Belial's hair into a neat bun with her hair tie. He listens to Belial thanking him with a grin that he likes to see. Their moment together ends when Nifty comes into the dining room, ready to start the day. 

+++

After breakfast, Nifty cleans the surface of Husk's bar since it was dirty with spilled booze or the drool from the cat when he slept on the surface in a drunk stupor. Satisfied with the polish wooden surface, she darts to the corner of the lobby room to dust away the cobwebs with her trusty feather duster. The sight of Alastor and Belial together made her eye sparkle. The cyclops wonders if they grown closer than ever before. She could see something behind Alastor's eyes when he saw Belial when she was hurt. 

The look of worry and the urge to rip someone apart for laying a hand on Belial. 

Her imagine goes wild at the thought as her right hand twitch from the urge to write in her many stories. Nifty have to push her spark of inspiration aside to focus on cleaning. There is little time before the welcoming party starts. She want anything sparkly and clean then again, she will be angry if a demon ruins her hard work. 

Her eye lands on a familiar sight of someone's back. His back hunch as if he is hiding something in his hands. This made the tiny demon curious and yet cautious since she will tell Alastor if someone tries to ruin the hotel under his watch. After all, Nifty is Alastor's eyes and ears while he is busy. The sound of tiny metal clinking with faint whispers under his breath. This made Nifty's ears perk up. She quickly steps towards Jasper with a wide smile on her face. "Good morning!" Her loud voice made Jasper jump in his spot as he snaps his head to the cyclops.