Bloodstains

Tiny footsteps echoes throughout the hotel's halls. Those footsteps belong to Nifty as sped throughout the hall to clean any sign of dirt or dust. Turning the corner, her eye caught something that requires her attention. She thought she saw a figure near a particular door but blinking once the figure disappears. 

Blinking a few times, Nifty approach the door and knocks on the wooden surface. Her ears caught Belial's voice behind the door, telling her that she can enter her room. Nifty opens the door to reveal Belial just finishing buttoning up her red shirt. 

Nifty's eye darts around Belial's room to see her bed unmade yet, dirty clothes in a black basket next to the bathroom door, and small bits of dust on the furniture. "Gosh! So many things to do!" Nifty exclaims, darting around Belial's room to begin cleaning. Belial let out a short chuckle, "Sorry about the mess." Nifty stops dusting on top of Belial's small table. "Oh no, I don't mind! I love to clean!" She replies. The tiny demon saw Belial put her black tie under her shirt's collar. "Don't forget that I'm willing to help - you just only need to ask." Belial smiles at Nifty. 

"Wow! Thank you, I'll keep that in mind- Nope!" Nifty quickly takes out a needle from her skirt's side to stab a crawling bug walking across the carpet. Her eyes dart to a dark spot on the carpet. "Oh no, a stain on the carpet! I have to get it out." Nifty took out a wet cleaning rag then starts working on the stain. Her comment made Belial stiffen for a moment. Nifty lifts up her rag to see the stain is a dark gold color. The faint smell of iron caught her nose. 

This is blood of an angel. 

Nifty knows it is belongs to an angel since she witness Alastor tear down a few exterminators. This one is different since this blood is darker - signaling her that it belongs to Belial. She looks up to see Belial's back to her. Nifty could see that Belial is working on fixing her tie. Her movements seems stiff at some movements. Nifty decides to clean up the stain to finish her work. Her eye caught sight of something under Belial's nightstand. Her left hand pulls out the item to be a pure black feather. Nifty have to admit, the feather is soft to the touch. She could touch this feather all day if she doesn't have to clean. At the quill, she saw it is dry gold blood. 

The cyclops put the feather in her skirt pocket and notify Alastor of this finding since he thinks highly of this woman. Nifty could see something between them but she held her tongue for more development. She doesn't mind waiting since this reminds her of her many romance novels! 

"All clean!" Nifty announces happily then quickly sped to fix the bed. She told Belial that she will take the dirty clothes for laundry. Belial hear the sound of Nifty's swift footsteps follow by the sound of the door closing. The fallen angel let out a long sigh as if she is holding her breath for hours. 

+++

"Thank you for bringing this to my attention, Nifty!" Alastor took the feather from Nifty's hand. After her trip to the laundry room, Nifty went to Alastor's office to resume her cleaning. She had informed Alastor of her findings in Belial's room. In addition, Nifty present him Belial's feather. The radio demon gladly take the feather from Nifty's hands. His thumb brush past the black feather. His eyes lands on the dark tipped quill made his blood boil. 

How long ago did she face this problem?

He wants to know. Nifty watches Alastor's horns grew a bit longer then it comes back to normal as a thought come to mind. Did anyone else knew about this? The person he would ask is Charlie since they are a close knit family. If anything knows about Belial, it is the kind hearted princess. His eyes lands on Nifty who dust the surface of the coffee table. "Nifty, why don't you and Belial go for a shopping trip for cleaning supplies? I notice we are running out of certain things." Alastor informs the cyclops.