Bella's arrival

Shado position

We had been living in Forks for two years now and it was exactly how I said it would be. People thought the Cullens were weird, as they all looked like gods and rarely interacted with the townsfolk. And me...they thought I was a freak. They never saw me..only when Esme dragged me to grocery shopping, as I still was the only one who ate actual food, not blood.

Also, I haven't talked to any other people that aren't the Cullens or the Denali's. Well, some of the Denali's. Kate really liked me and we spent hours in the woods together.

She reminded me of Sarah. But I would never tell anyone that, because then they would want to know who Sarah was and where she was now. That was easy to answer. She is dead. I saw it happen. I saw a lot of things a child should never see, or anyone else.

Death is never real. Not untill you stare it in the eyes and give it your soul.

Damm those old men with their vulgar sayings. Seriously, why can't you just say what you mean? Nobody understands those holy sentences.

Of course, I had nice times with him. Some were just plain weird. Like when he talked to the new guy about things my little ears shouldn't hear. Like...reproducing...with other humans.

I think they forgot I was only twelve and really not old enough for their experience in that subject, but I'd never have it any other way. After all...Sarah punched them both for it and made them clean the entire place.

It wasn't a very big lair but still, they complained as if they had to clean the entire White House with a toothbrush.

Back to this terrible old town. I guess it could be worse. Esme home-school me while Carlisle worked in the local hospital, spending most of the time trying to politely tell the nurses that he was very much married and didn't want to 'spice things up a little'.

The 'kids' or my 'siblings' spent their days at school. Edward always complained about girls trying to flirt with him, which always made me feel better when I was down. I wouldn't say he was my favorite brother, but I don't think I had a favorite. He just understood each other. We were both alone.

Jasper kinda adopted me. He saw me as a daughter and I called him dad. It happened by accident the first time, I just blurred it out in Russian. I kinda hoped that he didn't understand it, but Jasper had learned Russian for her, so he knew what I had said.

I thought he would be angry at me but his eyes filled with venom instead. He gave me a big hug and didn't let go for ages.

Since then he has been my surrogate father. I never saw Alice as my mother, although they were married. She was more like a sister, just like Rosalie.

It was a normal day. Relatively normal. Forks high school was getting a new student. She was the daughter of the chief police officer

This town was so messed up. I hadn't been in it for about three weeks and I still knew. No doubt Alice's fault. She kept talking about Isabella Swan and how she played an important part in Edwards's life.

I already didn't like this 'Bella'. She meant to change and I didn't like change. Besides Alice said she was human and probably didn't know about vampires which would make the whole situation more complicated than the girl was worth.

Suddenly I heard the front door being thrown closed and a furious looking Edwards stormed past me into his room.

Insurvrable teenager.

As for appearance, we both looked 17 but only I actually was. Jasper was changed when he was about 19 so he physically looked the oldest of us all. Besides Carlisle and Esme.

I got up and went to Edward's room, knocking carefully. When he didn't answer I just went inside and sat down beside him on his weird bed thing, that wasn't a bed.

"Go away Shado" he muttered. Like I said, an insufferable teenager.

I didn't move. I only stared at him. Edward sighed before talking.

"I almost killed the new girl - Bella - today. Her blood was so tempting" his fist clenched and his knuckles turned whiter than they were anyway. "If it hadn't been for the bell, I would have ripped her throat out with my teeth. I'm a monster."

"I have met my fair share of monsters Edwards. You are not one of them. Drinking blood is who you are. You need to kill to survive. That doesn't make you into a monster, it makes you a survivor"

"She's my blood singer. I never knew blood could be so sweet until I smelt hers. I'm scared Shado. I don't want to hurt anybody."

"You have no control over her being your blood singer. Fate placed you together for a reason. Or maybe it didn't but whatever happens now, you write your own story. Decide who you want to be."

"For a 17-year-old, you sure are wise" he chuckled, gently putting an arm around me.

"Shado, one day, you will tell us about you. The real you and I can't wait to meet her"

I smiled a little. Maybe, one day, I would. But not today.

"Yeah...sounds nice"

We heard cars pull up on the driveway and Edward got up, pulling me up with him.

"Better go and talk to Jasper. My hunger was not a great help today I think. He needs you"

I nodded, just before I left the room Edwards shouted something

"Shado...thank you" I waved before going to the stairs. Deciding it would be a good idea to give Esme a heart attack again, I jumped down them. Just before I landed I got caught by Jasper who raised his eyebrows at me.

Jasper was just about to say something when Esme walked towards me and gently whacked my head with a wooden spoon.

"My god Shado. You will be the death of me"