Meeting Bella and Mike

Nobody's position

Bella was in awe when she saw the Cullen's house. It was more like an estate, with a huge glass front. The house looked timeless and fit beautifully into the woods.

"It's beautiful,l," Bella said, vocalizing her thoughts.

"Esme designed it when we lived in Alaska"

Edward led her inside and took her jacked like a real gentleman. Bella couldn't be happier. She had a handsome, respecting boyfriend and he would give her immortality at some point. They would live together forever, never losing the beauty they both held.

"This is the only place where we don't have to hide. I told them not to do this"

They entered a kitchen where the other Cullen's seemed to be cooking.

"Ah, Bella welcome. We are making Italiano for you" A middle-aged woman with brown hair and a heart-shaped face said. She hugged Bella with a big smile on her face.

"She already ate," Edward said from behind her.

"Great" Rosalie snapped the bowl in her hands.

Just then Alice and Jasper jumped in from a tree.

"Hello, Bella. I'm Alice...oh you do smell good"

The human immediately stiffed at that and ger heart began to beat faster. Suddenly you could hear someone run down the stairs and a second later a girl came into the kitchen.

"Hey dad, when are we going-" the girl stopped mid-sentence when she saw Bella.

"Hey Shado this is Bella, I told you about her," Edward said trying desperately to ease the tension.

Shado didn't say anything. She just stood there, unmoving.

Bella would lie if she said she wasn't jealous. Shado was obviously very pretty. Her hair was short but she made it look beautiful. She had a fit body and looked like she could be modeling if she wanted to. Her eyes were grey, which was the only thing that made Bella sure she wasn't a vampire like the rest of the Cullens.

"Uhm...dad?" Bella asked bewildered. Edward had said all of them were at least a hundred, or very close, there was no way any of them could have an 18-year-old daughter.

"Yes Jasper adopted her a few years ago," Carlisle said stated.

Shado was standing beside Jasper now, still, she hadn't said anything. Bella stretched out her hand for the girl to shake but she just stared at it.

"Shado isn't too fond of physical contact. Don't take it personally"

Now that, Bella found it hard to believe. Jasper had an arm on her back and Rosalie was stroking her hair gently.

"Doesn't look like it" she snapped. Rosalie stopped in her movements and looked at Bella with fire in her eyes.

"How dare you? You pathetic human-"

"Rosalie please calm dow-"

"That blood bag just insulted my little sister. The hell I'm gonna let her" she growled stepping towards Bella.

She looked like she was about to faint when the blonde vampire came closer to her. And all because of that stupid girl.

Luckily, before anyone, probably Rosalie, decided to rip out Bella's throat, Jasper sent out calming vibes to everyone, which was quite difficult considering he was angry as well that Bella had insulted his daughter.

As soon as Edward and Bella left for his room, Rosalie turned around to the others with a glare.

"We are not keeping that thing are we?" She asked pointing to the stairs Bella had just walked up. "She's a disrespectful little brat who-"

"Rose...I'm sure she didn't mean it like that"

"I'm sorry, did anyone else here understand it differently?" She snapped, giving Carlisle a sharp look.

The room was deadly silent.

"It's okay Rose. She isn't the first, nor will she be the last person who thinks does that. Some people just don't understand" Shado finally spoke.

Her voice was soft, but you could hear her accent slightly as she learned Chinese her first language, and she still held a slight accent. Although the person that thought her English did try to get rid of a lot of it. It's not as suspicious. There are a lot of teenagers who can speak English.

"I gotta agree with Rose, if she really comes together with Edward we'll have to deal with her drama all the time. Especially Shado. If she can't accept her she doesn't belong here" Emmett said, for once not joking around.

Shado sighed. "I am not some damsel in distress, I can very much look after myself. I seriously doubt a girl like Bella could harm me in any way. If she does keep insulting me, I'll just answer in Russian, that ought to confuse her"

"Anyway. We need to get some more groceries and ingredients for a cake. After all...it is your birthday in a few days" Esme said, tapping Shado's nose. "Come on...you haven't been in the town since Bella moved in."

"Dad?" Shado asked with a pleading voice, giving him her best puppy-eyes.

"Argh..stop giving me that look. You're going with Esme" Jasper said, trying not to give in to his surrogate daughter. It wasn't a secret she had him wrapped around her finger, and it also was no secret how much she hated interacting with anyone but the Cullens and maybe the Denali.

Shado pouted but got pulled away by Esme who dragged her outside and basically showed her into a car.

The town was as rainy and boring as ever. As Forks was a literal dump, the probability of meeting someone you know was extremely high.

Esme was getting baking stuff while she told Shado to choose ice cream, as she would be the only one able to eat it.

Shado stood in front of the shelf staring at all the different flavors. She was about to get out some Cookie Dough when a guy came up to her.

"Hey I'm Mike," A blonde boy said. She didn't say anything. "I haven't seen you around yet...are you new?"

Shado just shook her head.

"Oh...you must be Shade no Shado right? Shado Cullen?"

She sighed before nodding. Opening the door she grabbed her ice cream, hoping to get away from this conversation.

"I'm sorry I didn't recognize you. I haven't seen you around, but I can definitely say you're a Cullen. You're absolutely stunning. Well, I have to go now, my mom is waiting for me, but I hope to see you around, maybe I can have your number then..."

Shado turned around and left before the boy could finish.

"Or not" he muttered