Chapter III

Y/n's POV;

.

.

.

We stood watching the Hawks warm up from our bench, there was no doubt they were good. I mean really good. I watched as the team skated to their benches; two of the team members came over towards our side. "Hi girls," they said mockingly, Karp had rushed to the front about to hit them when Jesse and some of the others pulled on his jersey to keep him back. 

They went to their coach just as ours approached us, "Alright guys gather around. Come on, come on." I made my way towards Coach on the crowded bench.

"Win! Win! Win! Win! Win! Win!" I heard the Hawks chanting—I look over at them and back over to Coach.

"Win. Win." Coach started; we all stare at him in confusion "Win! Win! Win!" He starts again this time even louder.

"Win? Win! Win! Win!" We said all out of order. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Yeah, fired we're up." Coach said sarcastically. 

We all skate out onto the ice—each person skated by Goldberg hitting his leg pads with our hockey stick.  

"Oh, great. Good concept, guys. Nice— ouch! Nice goin', fool!" I hit his pads a little too hard, accidentally knocking him to the ice. I chuckle softly as I skate back around the goal to him. 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to do that." I apologize as I hold out my hand for him to take.

"Oh, yeah, didn't mean too." He grumbles as he smacks my hands away. 

I roll my eyes at his as I watch him struggle to get up. "Goldberg, we're on the same team! Why would I do that on purpose?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"I don't know, you tell me." I roll my eyes again and skate off to my position, I stood by a brown haired boy from the Hawks. He stood gawking down at me like I was a new life form. "Got a staring problem?" I asked him smugly. I read his number seven on his jersey.  

"You wish" He snaps back, I scoffed and re-direct my attention to the puck—the referee was about to drop it onto the ice. I watched intently as the puck fell. One of the Hawks hit it to his teammates while he shoves Guy down to the ice. 

I attempt to get the puck, I miss and skate the other way. And they scored. It was now one to nothing.

I skate back around to the puck swiftly getting it with my stick—hitting it to Averman, but it got intercepted by one of the Hawks. I skate down with the brown haired kid on my trail. They passed it again and again and they scored again

It was now five to nothing

I skated back to our bench for a line change—I got in and watch the puck drop. One of the Hawks hit the stick out of one of our players hands. They took the puck and pass it to oneanother. Two people rammed into Averman, causing him to fall to the ice. 

I shook my head and held my hand on my forehead as I continue to watch. The Hawks score again; Goldberg wasn't even trying to stop the puck. "Y/n, get out there." Coach instructed me. I pull on my helmet and skate out to the game. 

I got shove by a player and fell to the ice, I immediately got up and resumed my position. I skate down to the rest of the game. I tried getting the puck, but failed miserably. 

I once again fell to the ice with a hard grunt. I got back up, Goldberg tried chasing the person around the net, but it was no use they were just going to score anyways.