Chapter X

Y/n's POV; The next day - Game against Huskies:

.

.

.

We all stand in the locker room getting ready for our game against the Huskies. I pull on my jersey over my head before walking over to my bag. "Karp, stop trying to shove Peter into a locker." I sigh as I grab the back of his jersey and pull Karp off of him.

"He started it!" Karp groans, I roll my eyes as I pull my hair back and start to braid it like I usually do for games and practices. I took the hair tie from my wrist and tie it around the bottom off the braid.

I when I was finished I went over to Charlie and Fulton to talk to them until we were ready to go. I prop up my hockey stick on the wall as I crossed my arms while I talk to them. 

I out of the corner of my eye I see the door open and see someone walk in. I turn slightly to see who it was. 

Adam Banks. 

Everyone in the room stops what they are doing and stare at him. We all stand in silence as he stands awkwardly in the middle of the room. A few moments later Coach walks in. "Hey, wasn't sure if you'd show up." He says with a small sigh in relief before giving him a small pat on the back. 

"Yeah, whatever. I just wanna play hockey." Adam shrugs slightly as he speaks in a calm collected tone. It is different than what we were used to. It was. . . Nice.

"Good. Ducks, you all know Adam Banks." Coach says with a small smile as he gestures to us. 

"On behalf of the Ducks, I'd like to say welcom-" Charlie says with a smile trying to be welcoming as he makes his way to him to shake his hand, but Jesse held his arm out stopping him from doing so. 

Jesse stands up in front of Charlie. "Cake eater," Jesse says insultingly. 

"Ooh, the Jesse man dissin' the new guy. The Jesster-" Averman laughs softly from where he's sitting.

"Shut up, Averman!" Jesse yells annoyed as he gives him the death stare.

"It's just a joke." Averman furrows his eyebrows as he looks up at Goldberg; Jesse walk dangerously close to Adam.

"Puttin' on on a Ducks jersey doesn't mean you're a real duck." Jesse spats—I furrow my eyebrows at his sentence. Well, I was just gonna be nice to him—like Charlie tried. 

Jesse walks past Adam nudging his arm aggressively, and walks out the door. Everyone else follows behind him in silence, giving him dirty looks as they go.

I was at the end of the line behind Charlie. I made my way to the door before stoping in front of him. "Hey, your a Duck now. Your cool." I gave him a welcoming smile which he returned.

"Yeah, thanks." He says with a smile, I nod before leaving the locker room and going to the rink. I push open the door and get into the bench area and sit down with the rest of my team. "Why did you stay back?" Jesse asks leaning closer to me me.

I furrow my eyebrows and back up slightly. "I'm trying to make Adam feel welcomed. Someone has to." He gave me a look before turning around and begin talking with Terry. I roll my eyes as I look down and adjust my glove on my left hand. 

Soon enough we we're out on the ice playing; I keep my eyes on the puck as they pass it around. They pass it to Charlie, he caught it and hit to Peter. I stand by a tall blond boy Peter hit it to me—I catch it trying to see who was open. I skate down the ice, my eyes looking around frantically while also avoiding the boys attempt to get the puck.