Chapter XVII

"Y/n!" I heard Charlie call. 

"What?" I groaned getting off of my bed. 

"Were going to be late for work!" 

"But it's only --- holy shit!" My eyes widened as I jumped off my bed and pulled on a warm baby blue hoodie and some blue jeans. I rapidly brushed through my tangled Y/h/c hair.

I ran to the door and opened it to be greeted by Charlie "Finally." He said rolling his eyes at me. I slapped his arm playfully and went down stairs.

"Hey mom." I greeted Charlies mom; she looked up from her book at us. 

"Hello?" 

Maybe I should catch you up on what happened over the last two years --- Me and Charlie got way closer, way closer. 

Fulton, Guy, Averman, and Adam have all gotten closer to each other. 

Aidan and I have also had our ups and downs in our friendship but, we made it work. When the guys found out I was spending time with a Hawk --- oh boy, they went berserk. 

Jesse and Charlie had refused to talk to me four a month or two. The rest of the guys were fine with it as long as they didn't have to put up with his type of bullying. 

After that they finally gave in and just decided to put it behind us and pretend like they were never mad at me. They acted like the argument never happened, and well... That made me mad because they just can't pretend it didn't happen.

That's beside the point --- I eventually let it go and moved on as usual. 

I was now thirteen years old and worked as a apprentice at "Hans Sports Shop" along side Charlie. 

I was starting to develop a little crush on one or maybe two of my teammates... Guess who. 

Anyways, a lot has changed over the years I may not admit it but, it has. I had gotten my first period at age twelve, and now still hating every minute of it up until this day.

All the boys have grown taller than me, seriously! I used to be taller than them but no they had to grow.  

My arm had healed completely back to health which was amazing!

A few days after the letter and the documented papers for legal guardianship over me; I had just accepted the fact and let her sign them. 

It was a whole process but, Charlies mom now has legal guardianship over me. I was loving every minute of it; I could go to her about anything --- boys, periods, etc. Etc. 

The only thing was --- she got remarried. Charlie had been spending a lot more time at the shop than at home most days. She feels like more of a mother than my actual mother ever was.

 It had gotten so boring that I would shoot pucks in the alley way with Fulton. 

I eventually just gave in and spent some of my time in the shop with him even on the days we weren't working. 

We eventually spent so much time there Jan just hired us which gave us something to do. 

So, yeah, that's mostly all the important details.

Charlie had grabbed my arm and practically dragged me out of the house "Sorry, mom. But we gotta get to work."

He closed the door and turned to me "What?" I asked slightly confused. 

"Never mind let's go." 

I gave him a confused look and followed him. 

An hour later:

I was setting up the new stock of newly sharpened skates while Charlie sharpened them. It was weird, I never thought I would be working at the place where I get my gear from. 

Anyways, I put up the last of the shoes and walked towards Charlie and where he was working. 

I grabbed a pair of protective glasses and stood next to him as he worked. 

"Careful, Charlie." 

"I know, I know." I shook my head at him remembering the time where he cut his finger open on the tool. 

"That's what you said last time." He stopped what he was doing and rolled his eyes at me. I scoffed and rolled my eyes back at him --- and turned around. 

There I saw coach getting up from his sleep, I smiled as me and Charlie took off our protective glasses and walked towards the door. Charlie slightly opened it and poked his head through.

"Sorry, did we wake you?" Charlie asked.

"Hey, guys." Coach said while standing up to greet us. Charlie pushed open the doors and we both walked in. 

"Hey Coach." We both said in unison. 

"It's good to see ya'." I said as Charlie hugged him. 

"It good to see you guys too." He said while pulling away and giving me a hug. Well, unexpected but, okay. 

"We really missed you." Charlie said as Coach pulled away from me. 

I went and stood next to Charlie just as Jan came to the room. He stopped at the door and hummed a fanfare tune. "For breakfast, my specialty; Jan's Hasen-"

"Hasenpfeffer and eggs." Me, Charlie, and Coach Bombay said at the same time. We were very familiar with this dish.

 "I thought I smelt something burning." Coach commented as Jan set the tray down on the coffee table. 

We all sat down on the couch. "I see you met my new apprentices." Jan said.

"Jan told us that you did this job when you were our age." Charlie commented. 

"That's right. I hope he pays you more than he paid me." 

"You got paid?" Me and Charlie said in astonishment. 

"Eat, everybody, before the hasenpfeffer gets cold." Jan said trying to change the subject. 

I rolled my eyes before grabbing a plate and eating. 

_____________

A/n: Sorry for the sucky chapter, I tried to get it finished by today, so I could work on the next one. But yeah, sorry I didn't meet my promise on the day I was suppose to post this chapter but, I had gotten sick (Not with COVID-19, just the common cold) and I had stayed in and layed in my bed for the last two days because of how terrible I felt. 

Now, I feel a bit better, good enough to continue writing. 

Again sorry for the sucky ending, okay bye!

-Anastasia