Chapter XII

Y/n's POV;

.

.

.

"Charlie, please, talk to me." I pled, following him around the house as he merely just ignores me, "Charlie Conway!" I yell frustrated.

He stops in his tracks when he hears me yell his name and turns back around to me. "What!?" He shouts back.

"Talk to me. What is wrong with you?" I cross my arms over my chest and watch him. 

He furrows his eyebrows and leans in towards me slightly. "What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you! You're the one fraternizing with the enemy!" He points his finger at my chest, he was so mad I could practically see smoke coming from his ears.

"The enemy? Is that only what you think of Aidan because that's not how he is! Only I would know that because only I have ever tried to be nice to them!" I clench my jaw as I push his finger away from me.

He glances to the side for a moment then back up at me. "Well, maybe you should just hang out with them instead of us." His voice quieter then before.

"I never-" *I pause and take a deep breath to calm myself. "Charlie I am just trying to make amends with them! I don't want us to get constantly bullied by them. You know? Maybe if you tried being nice to them, then maybe just maybe they may stop.—And along with the rest of the team. You ever think about that?!" I hold my hands on my hips as I wait for him to respond.

A moment of silence falls between us as, "your right." He sighs heavily.

I was taken aback by his response for a moment, i furrow my eyebrows upwards for a moment before I speak again. "What?" I ask, my voice laced with subtle confusion.

"I said your right, Y/n. We should make amends with them, but I don't want to. . . I'm sorry. They can bully us for all I care." He waves his hand dismissing the fact he's not willing to try and be friends with them.

"Whatever, Charlie." I roll my eyes slightly as I brush past him to head to my room.

I let out a soft sigh and pinch the bridge of my nose as I calm down. "Y/n." He calls after me, I pause and turn back around to him.

"What?" 

"I really am sorry. . . You know?" I let out a sigh and nod my head as a yes.

"It's alright." I say softly as I cross my arms over my chest, he holds out his arms indicating that he wants a hug. I gave him a soft smile before jumping into his embrace. He wrapped his arms around me as he digs his face into my shoulder. 

I smile warmly as my arms rest around his neck, after a few moments he pulls away with a soft smile. He gently rests his hand on m y arm sending butterflies through my stomach. "Is the turkey done?" I try to change the subject.

"How'd you know I was making turkey?" I gave him a look. "Oh, right." He chuckles slightly.

.

.

A few hours later:

.

.

Me, Charlie, and Coach were in the kitchen finishing setting up the table, and putting out the rest of the dishes we made. I put down a napkin and the silverware down before walking back to the kitchen and getting some glasses to drink out of.

I give Charlie a small smile as he passes me with the turkey in his hands. "You know, I heard the Northstars wore the same underwear all through the playoffs last year for luck, so I'm doin' the same thing." I hear Charlie speak from the kitchen.