Chapter VIII

Y/n's POV;

.

.

.

We all stand in the locker rooms getting changed for our game against the Flames. I pull my jersey on over my pad as I chat along with Averman. 

Suddenly the door to the room opens, I glance over and see coach walk in. "Alright, everyone, listen up! I got some good news. We're getting a new player." Coach pauses as he glances around the room to make sure everyone is paying attention. "Adam Banks." He announces as he crosses his arms and waits for our reaction. 

My eyebrows furrow as I sit straight, "What?" I say shocked with everyone else. 

"Come on coach, did you see what he did to me in our first game!" I complain as I throw my hand up.

"He's a Hawk." Karp says as he glances at coach.

"He's a good player." Coach shot back at him; Karp made a renching noise and turns back to his locker. 

"Everyone hate's him." Jesse says,

"Yeah, we don't need him." I agree with him.

"Look, I'm the coach—and I say we do need him. Now, if we make it to the playoffs, he could be a big help." Coach nods as he attempts to convince us that it would be good for the team.

"If? All of a sudden you don't think were good enough?" Karp furrows his eyebrows, 

"No, he thinks were losers." Peter emphasizes as he looks between Karp and coach, I furrow my eyebrows and look over at him. "Yeah, that's what he told Reilly." Peter raised an eyebrow at him. 

"What?" Coach tilts his head slightly.

Peter scoffs as he shakes his head, "come on, we heard what you said. You said we were losers, that we didn't deserve to live."

"You said that. . . ?" I ask in disbelief. 

"That's not what I meant." Coach try to explain before Peter stars talking again.

"I saw a picture of you missing that goal." He pauses, "you were a Hawk, weren't you? I guess you guys stick together till' the end." Peter scoffs as he stands up. "You know what? I don't need your stinkin' equipment." He grumbled as he threw his gear down on the floor and began to walk out. "See you around." He says as he pushes past him roughly and exists the locker room. 

"Peter, come back here. Hey, I'm talking to you, son!" Coach calls after him, but it's no use.

"Forget it, cake eater." Jesse huffs, "if you wanna play, play with your self. Come on Terry." He spat as he stood up and left the room, Terry followed after him as he threw his gear to the ground and left.

Coach sighs heavily after they leave the room, "alright, I'm goin' up to the bench cause that's where I'm supposed to be. Anyone who want's to join me, can join me. Anyone who doesn't, well..." He trails off as he turns and walks out of the room. 

"What's going to happen now?" I ask softly as I stare at the door, almost every one began taking off their equipment. Charlie ignores me as he watches everyone else leave. The only ones left in the room is me, Charlie, and Fulton. 

"Come on." Charlie says as he stands up with his helmet in hand and begins to walk out. I watch him for a moment before standing up and grabbing my own helmet from the bench and walking out behind them. 

I walk out onto the ice behind Charlie and Fulton—I throw my helmet behind the goal and skate up to the blue line and back down to Charlie and Fulton. "Ducks forfeit, Flames you win." The ref announces.