Chapter XI

Y/n's POV;

.

.

.

The next day I get change and hop into the backseat with Charlie as we drive off to wherever he told his mom to take us. I stare out the window thinking about, well life I guess. I never really thought about it actually. 

About how my mom abandons me for months at a time. 

How I will never get to see my dad again. 

How I'll never get to be with both of my parents. . . Again.

I get lost in though for a while when I feel a soft nudge at my arm. I snap back into reality and look over at Charlie. He gives me a soft smile as he rests his hand on my arm, "Were here." 

I nod and get out of the car behind to meet the rest of our team. I see everyone standing around the front of what looked like a stadium. Oh, wait. . . It is one! Holy shit! 

I've never been inside a major one before! We all greet each other with happy smiles before making our way inside to the rink. I adjust my bag on my shoulder to make it more comfortable as I look around at everything around me, "Whoa." I whisper to myself as we stop the entrance to the rink.

"You guys look. It's the Northstars" I my eyes light up as point them out.

We all stop to admire the rink in front of us. "Wait a minute. That's Mike Modano!" Jesse pointed out. My jaw drops in shock—this was so cool! My eyes dart around the rink as I point out all my favorite players to myself.

I can't believe it. "This is so cool." I say in awe while pushing my jaw back up.

"I can't believe this." Instinctive whispers of awe flow around us. 

"What are we doin' here?" Charlie leaned over and asks Coach. 

"It's a little playoffs present." I raise my eyebrows in surprise at his words. I glance over to coach before looking back t the players who were now exiting the rink right by us. After everyone passed two of the player stopped in front of us. I turn slightly to get a better view of them. 

"Hey, Gordo! Gordon Bombay, right?" Mike Madano asks coach Bombay with a bright smile. 

"You remember me?" Coach asks as he raises his eyebrows slightly.

"Sure from pee wee's. This guy used to role in pee wee's." Mike Madano nods to Basil with a slight smirk.

"Really? I heard he was a farmer." Basil McCrae furrow his eyebrows slightly as he looks between Mike and Coach.

Coach chuckles lightly before he speaks again. "Actually, I became a lawyer, but I'm coaching pee wee now, this is my team The Ducks. Ducks, this is Basil McCrae and Mike Modano." Coach gestures us to them.

"Like duh." I roll my eyes slightly with a smile.

"We can see that." Sarcastic murmurs flew around. 

"All right. All right." Coach laughs.

"Hey, Ducks, listen to this guy. He knows what he's talkin' about." Mike says as he gestures over to coach, his eyes glanced around at us before looking back down at Coach. "If you ever want a shot. Let me know. I'll get ya' a tryout at the minor league clubs." Mike suggests with a slight smile—my jaw drops once again.

"Thanks." Coach nods.

"No problem. Hey, nice seein' ya'."

"Take it easy." Mike says as they shake hands and leave the rink. Excited chatter flow around as they were leaving, I watch as they leave before turning back to coach.