Chapter VII

Y/n's POV;

.

.

.

"Come on, Y/n!" Charlie called out for me as he slightly looked over his shoulder to see me, I increased my speed to catch up with him. The team and us had entered the mall to apparently skate around in, honestly it was always fun to do these things. It get's your adrenaline pumping. 

I ride down a bridge that over looks the street below, and down into the vast open space of the mall. I continue forwards with the rest of my team. I was enjoying the experience very much.

I turn a tight corner, I slow my speed as I lost a bit of my balance. "Charlie!" I call out for him, just in case. He slows his pace and waits till I came next to him. He took a hold of my hand to keep me balanced, but didn't let go. "Thanks." I said gratefully with a smile.

"No problem." He said whilst returning the smile. We make our way down into the food court—Goldberg had stolen a cookie from a strangers plate as we went by. I laugh as the man calls out for him to give it back. 

I make my way around the mall for more time with the rest of my team. A couple times I almost hit some people, but manage to avoid them, thank god.

.

.

.

_____________________

Later that evening:

.

.

.

I sit down in a room with the rest of the team, including our parents. Me and Charlie sat with his mom in the back. Coach Bombay reaches into the box that had been sitting on a table, he pulls whatever it was out. I notice it looks like a jersey. Coach holds it high so we could all see. My eyes scan the features of the new jersey, Coach had a proud smile plastered on his face.

"The Ducks? Were the Ducks?!" Jesse said flabbergasted at the name.

"Man, what brain-dead jerk came up with that name?" Peter said harshly followed by a small chuckle.

"As a matter of a fact, I did. I didn't have a choice. Were being sponsored." Coach explains, visibly upset about how they were treating the new name of the team. 

"By who? Donald and Daisy?" Averman says with a hysterical laugh, I let out a small laugh as other giggles flowed around the room. 

"Hey, you don't want to be Ducks? You'd rather be District 5, some stupid number?" Coach tries to reason.

"Better than some stupid animal." Peter said back defensively.

"I'll have you know, Peter, that the duck is one of the most noble, agile, and intelligent creatures of all the animal kingdom." Coach grins proudly at his knowledge on ducks as his eyes scan the room.

"But their wimpy." Someone complained,

"They don't even have teeth." Guy made a point.

"Neither do hockey players." Coach compared the two. I let out a soft giggle as Coach said that, "Have you ever seen a flock of ducks flying in perfect formation? It's beautiful! It's pretty awesome the way they all stick together." Coach smiles at the thought. "Ever seen a duck fight? No way. Why? Because the other animals are afraid. They know if they mess with one duck, they gotta deal with the whole flock." Coach gave us great reasoning.