Chapter XVIII

A/n: Y'all are about to hate me at the end of the chapter I swear.

______________ 

They next day:

I layed on Charlies bed trying to do my math homework for school, while Charlie sat at his desk tapping his pencil not even paying attention to his homework. 

I looked up at him which I could only see the back side of him. I still heard the loud annoying sound of his pen taping; which was keeping me from concentrating. 

I rolled my eyes and threw my pen at him, he turned around and furrowed his brows at me. "Stop tapping your pencil!" I snapped while getting up to get mine. 

I lightly hit his head with my pen and walked back to the bed; I flopped back onto my stomach to do my homework. 

I got bored and just stared at all the hockey stuff around his room. I heard a weird noise followed by "Hey, Charlie, Y/n!" I furrowed my brows and got up Charlie gave me and confused look and got up too. 

We both went to his window and looked around before spotting Coach on the side walk. I smiled down at him "Hey! You guys wanna play some hockey?" I smiled as he walked off. 

I looked at Charlie and he smiled back at me, I went to my room and threw on my knee padding, elbow padding, some thin black biker gloves, and helmet. 

I threw on my Ducks jersey and grabbed my roller blades, I met Charlie outside of the home. I pulled on my roller blades and went down the block with him. 

"We gotta round up the rest of 'em!" Charlie shouted.

"I'm not stupid!" Charlie shook his head and sped up. "Hey! Wait up you little-" 

I shut my mouth as I realized there was little children around me "Whoops." I sped to my pace to meet with Charlies. 

Genetically he was always going to be faster because he was a boy --- which sucked. 

"Who are we getting first?" I asked as we turned onto a new street. 

"Jesse." He said as we stopped in front of a fence. I watched as he scored a goal playing street hockey.

I looked over at Charlie and nodded; he did the duck call which caught Jesse's attention. He looked over and noticed us "Hey, Charlie, Y/n!"

"Jesse, we're back!" I called out excitedly. He came out to us happily. 

We all smiled as we continued down the block "Let's go get Averman." Jesse said.

We skated out past a school and towards "The Mall Of America". 

We entered it and skated around going to Averman's job at the movie theater. Angry shouts flowed around the mall but, we ignored them. 

We got onto the escalator and ran up, "Come on guys, over on the left." Charlie called as we got off and skated to the theaters. 

Charlie did the Ducks call which caught Averman's attention, "Averman, let's go!"

"Come on! Come on!" Me and Jesse ushered him. 

"But- But- But-" Averman stuttered --- He finally gave in; he got his roller blades and gear and put them on. 

I smiled as he went around the mall; we rode through a part where there was a bunch of trees and even a roller coaster. 

I bent my knees and body down to make a sharp turn; I gently brushed my fingers on the cold floor as I stood up. 

We rode back around and passed by a merry-go-round which looked pretty boring.