Chapter VI

Y/n's POV;

.

.

.

The next day coach took us all to a sports apparel shop called, "Hans Sports Shop." He said to pick out anything we wanted. As in hockey apparel, hockey sticks, ectara ectara. We all walk in and my eyes immediately lit up at all the nice gear. We all ran off trying on different things and looking at hockey sticks. 

I look at a rack a took down a pair of gloves—I tried them on, and they fit! I took them with me I walk past Jesse and the other guys play fighting with their gloves. 

I also walk past Goldberg who seemed to be struggling to put on pants. Pants! For crying out loud! I shook my head with a smile and kept walking to the hockey sticks. I see Charlie about to get one. "Hey, Charlie." I greeted him with a bright smile.

"Hey, Y/n." He replied just as he accidentally picked up three hockey sticks, I think he meant to put them back, but the whole rack of hockey sticks fell down as he tried to catch them. 

"Charlie," I gasped—he turned and looked around with an expression as who-did-that-I-sure-didn't. He looked at me and we broke out into laughter. He grabbed my hand as we went to go look for some new skates. 

We found some and grabbed our size, "don't knock them down, Charlie." I joked with a laugh.

"One time, Y/n. One time!" I let out laugh at him. We got the rest of our new gear and went to find a hockey stick. . . again. Since we never actually grabbed one.

We saw these two absolutely beautiful hockey sticks standing in this ice sculpture, we asked Fulton Reed (the one who saved our asses the other day) to get them out for us. He kindly took them out and handed it to us. 

We were obviously going to get them, we thanked him as he gave us a slight nod and walked off. We put all of our stuff onto the counter for them to ring it up. For all of the gear, hockey sticks, ectara. It racked up to seven thousand two hundred and forty-two dollars—from what I saw when I glanced at the register. 

Next, Coach Bombay took us to some rink where figure skaters were practicing. "Anybody know who they are?" Coach asked us.

"That one right there is Tommy Duncan he's in my science class." I explain as I pointed him out to Coach. "And right there—that's his sister, Tammy." I pointed her out to Coach as well. 

"You think they'd want to play hockey with us?"

"Yeah!" I agree with everyone else; It would be nice to have another girl on the team besides just me. 

"Go get dressed I'll do the negotiating." I walk off to the locker room to get changed into our hockey gear. I quickly got changed and pulled my hair into a braid, per-usual.

We all walked out to one of the benches; Coach told Tammy to think of hockey as figure skating—with a stick. I mean, he wasn't wrong. I finished putting on my helmet and skated out onto the ice. 

We all get into a line behind some cones that were separated enough so that we could skate through them. "Alright back to basics. Skating." Coach Bombay blew a whistle, the loud sound of the whistle echoed off the walls of the stadium. The first person began skating through the cones, then the second, and then the third. 

I was at the near end behind Charlie I was doing good skating back and fourth through the cones until Charlie fell. I swerved to avoid falling down with him.

We soon finished with that exercise and we went took a knee in front of Coach. He picked up an egg from on of the egg cartons that rested on a small stool, and showed us. "Soft hands. You don't shoot the puck to your teammate. You sail it to them. Karp on your feet." Coach Bombay explains to us.