6. Lolli - M

🦊 F O X 🦊

A few weeks have passed since Bryce's confession and things went back to normal for everyone.

We've both been opening up more with the others about the previous institution. Vance has set us up with a psychologist so we can receive medical help regarding our PTSD and with the love and support from the guys and the medical staff, I've been feeling so much better. I don't feel like the world is out to get me anymore.

I haven't heard from my mother, and I am OK with that. I've come to the realization that I will never have a normal mother/son relationship. She most likely will never accept me and if she can't accept me then she'll never accept my lovers. She can go live her life with Gerald, without me in it.

I was deep in thought, lounging by the pool, sucking on a cherry lolli and listening to my favorite summer playlist. The music was streaming through the outdoor speakers around the pool. Wren, Milo, Jace and Connor were messing around in the pool playing Marco Polo. Fitz and Bryce were sitting under the shaded awning chatting amongst themselves, while Vance and I were in the lounge chairs soaking up the vitamin D.

I sighed heavily and shook my head to rid the intrusive thoughts of my mother and a life I never had to go back to...as long as the guys wanted to keep me around.

Jace all of a sudden whooped loudly and then climbed out of the pool. He ran over to me, coaxing the lolli out of my mouth. It popped out and he started sucking on it enthusiastically. I jumped up to try to get it back from him but held me back and started singing the song that was playing over the speakers, "Sucker" by the Jonas Brothers.

🎵
"We go together
Better than birds of a feather, you and me
We change the weather, yeah
I'm feeling heat in December when you're 'round me
I've been dancing on top of cars and stumbling out of bars
I follow you through the dark, can't get enough
You're the medicine and the pain, the tattoo inside my brain
And, baby, you know it's obvious
I'm a sucker for you
You say the word and I'll go anywhere blindly"
🎵

He grabbed my hand and stared dancing with me. Swinging me around with him.

🎵
"I'm a sucker for you
You say the word and I'll go anywhere blindly
I'm a sucker for you, yeah
Any road you take, you know that you'll find me
I'm a sucker for all the subliminal things
No one knows about you (about you) about you (about you)
And you're making the typical me break my typical rules
It's true, I'm a sucker for you, yeah
Don't complicate it (yeah)
'Cause I know you and you know everything about me
I can't remember..."
🎵

By the end of the song we were both singing and dancing like crazy fools. The guys were egging us on, clapping, whistling and hooraying from where they were.

Jace pulled me in and kissed me, "Let's go on tour," he hummed in my ear, "the guys'll be our back up dancers!"

I snickered at that, "Vance and Fitz would never!"

"No...I suppose not..." he squinted his eyes in thought biting on his lower lip, he snapped his fingers together in excitement, "I got it! they can be our manager and songwriter then!" Jace smiled.

Nodding my head grinning, "Sure, sign me up babe..."

"Yeah, Foxy!" He exclaimed.

At that, he swiped me up like a bride, my arms clung around his neck as I yelped out at the sudden movement, and he jumped in the deep end of the clear blue pool.

The water was cool and refreshing as I swam around. We splashed around lazily. At one point, I bumped into Wren's float and knocked him into the water by accident. He must've been napping because when he resurfaced he was flailing his arms and howling that the water was freezing.