15. Vacation - M

⚫️ M I L O ⚫️

When Fox mentioned traveling to the iconic White Cliffs, I was ecstatic.

Being here in person...I actually think I would faint if Fitz wasn't holding my hand!

It was breathtaking!

The landscape was rich and vibrant greens that contrasted the whites of the cliffs and the blue of the water below so beautifully. I took as many pictures I possibly could. Our tour guide took one of all of us, the water in the background, I can't wait to hang it up in my room!

We were walking to Dover Castle. Wren was catching a piggy back ride on Connor's back, pointing out everything that caught his eye. Everyone was laughing and talking about our trip. From the scenic train ride to the quaint Castle House Guest House that we were staying in nearby.

"Fitz..." I breathed out, "did you ever think that it would be like this?"

"It's even more beautiful in person!" His eyes wide with amazement.

"No, not the castle...our life. The house we live in, the people we live with?"

"Oh..." he bowed his head, shaking it softly. A tear escaped his eye, "not really, Milo. I had almost given up to be honest..."

"Me too." I sighed. "It's perfect now. Ever since Fox came, you know? He kinda stitched us all back together."

"I know we wouldn't be here right now if he didn't suggest it. And remember the obstacle course, all the dancing and singing? I mean, look at Zane." He giggled while nodding his head to where Zane was laughing along with Bryce and Fox.

"Yeah, he's made this family whole again." A few tears fell down my face. I wiped them away, smiling. "Let's say we get into this castle! I want to go see the tower!" I pulled Fitz with me as I ran to catch up with the group.

🦊 F O X 🦊

Wow, this was absolutely amazing. No picture could ever compare to seeing this in real life. I felt so small looking out at the landscape. What alternate dimension have I fallen into?

As crazy as it sounds, I wouldn't change a thing that led me to this spot, right here. Not my evil and judging mother, father I never knew, vile camps and institutions that abused and broke me. Nothing.

I felt someone besides me when Zane nudged my shoulder with his. "I feel so small." He said, subdued. A faint smile pulling up his wind chapped lips.

"Hey, get out of my head, that's what I was just thinking." I whispered, my voice floating out between us while the wind swept it away. I focused back out to look at the greenery and wild flowers.

"Thanks...for everything. I really just need you to know that right now."

I shook my head slightly. "No need to thank me, Zane, but your welcome anyway." I closed my eyes, this was something big. Zane wouldn't normally seek me out to have a heart-to-heart.

"Yes, I do Fox. I've been nothing but difficult. A nasty person in a nasty body, but you've somehow looked past it all." He frowned. "Why?"

I just stood there for a few moments, there was nothing to say. No one answer that I could give him. It was everything and nothing. For him, for me, for all of us.

His happiness and honesty was the only thing that was holding us back now and I didn't know how to tell him that. I'm pretty sure he already knew.

Faintly I let out, "Why not?", his eyes met mine. Darker than night, but there was so much warmth now. Tears hovered in them and when he slowly blinked they slid down his perfectly flawless face. His dark lashes, elongated and darkened from the wetness of his tears.