Prologue

"From now on, leave the fighting to me."

         Madara abruptly stood up from the wooden chair he sat on. Wordlessly but with an intense gaze that made my knees weak, he walked closer to me. With every step he took, my heart began to beat faster and faster, until he was right infront of me and my heart skipped a beat.

         He was close. Bright, burning red eyes bore into my being. They were as beautiful as I remembered and I still loved him, after everything.

        He wrapped his arms around my waist and he pulled me against him, in a warm embrace. His hot breath fanned over my head, and I heard his erratic heartbeat with my heart above his chest.

        With a deep breath I inhaled his familiar scent. I missed this. I felt his grip around me become tighter as he planted a gentle kiss on top of my head.

       "Mad-"
     "Shh... Let me savor this moment. Please, let's stay like this even for just a while."

        Then I remembered a memory of mine, it had been so long ago that I almost forgot. I remember begging my father, I remember crying. I remember the fear.

      "I can't even bear to look at him! The sight of him makes me sick. I can't! Please don't make me go back into that house. That house drives me crazy!"

      But I also remember what Madara promised me. "I want you to be my weakness and I will be your strength."

And when Madara fought for her, the two of them were invincible.