Chapter 4: Some Things Left Behind

"We haven't found anything useful at all!"

       By the end of the day, team seven and the twins were buried under parchment paper, thick scrolls and piles of books. The scent of dry paper and ink wafted all over the place. Arima sat on one corner quietly sucking out blood from a small paper cut.

        "We should take a break." Endara suggested, her cane hitting the waxed wooden floor shining and smooth under her feet. She smiled at them and began to make her way out of the archive center, knocking down one or two piles of books.

       "What are you waiting for? Let's go."

      "Wait a minute. We'll tidy things up." Endara shrugged after hearing her twin brother. "Hey, where's a good place to eat?" She asked, her head turned to the ceiling as Endara tapped her finger on her cane.

      Before Kakashi or Sakura could suggest anywhere, Naruto's energetic voice popped up exclaiming; "Ichiraku ramen!"

       Therefore, half an hour later Kakashi, Sasuke, Sakura, Naruto, Endara and Arima were seated together with bowls of mouth watering ramen in front of them.

      But something felt unsettling. Like a scratching noise in the dead of silent night. Kakashi couldn't put the feeling away. It put him on edge and the silver hairs on his skin stood with goosebumps crawling up.

      And that oddly unsettling feeling came from the young twin children seated by him. The chatter they and his team were having seemed harmless enough.

      The smiles on their faces and joyful, childish laughter. Arima was feeding his sister with smooth motions obviously having done it before, over and over.

      He noticed Kakashi's watchful gaze and although the boy smiled lesser than his sister and had a cooler temperament, he smiled still.

      "Is something wrong Kakashi-san?"

      It really wasn't deceitful at all.

      The jonin smiled underneath his mask, subtly scratching the back of his neck as he replied, "No. Nothings wrong."

      Sakura finished eating first and some time later the only ones eating were Endara and Naruto. The pinkette sat with her chin resting on the palm of her hand as she stared at the painting, right underneath the rays of the setting sun.

      The Ichiraku ramen lamp flickered beside her. Then, she felt someone standing by her before sitting down on the wooden box that had been stashed there.

      "It was painted in spring."

      Sasuke's voice was mildly warm and a little raspy having just recovered from a cold. Sakura's head whipped towards him and the simply stared at the painting with a dull look.

      But the fascination reflected in his onyx eyes couldn't he denied. "You could see it with the cherry blossom petals. See?" He continued, pointing out the small details of the painting.

      She looked and knew that it was true.

      The painting was of a beautiful woman. Night sky blue hair with glimmers like the stars scattered all around and vivid, clear red eyes. She was smiling, fair skin glowing.

     She was stunning. Her wedding dress was pure white adorned with diamonds and pearls and completely unlike all the wedding dresses Sakura knew were supposed to look like.

      Still, she knew that it must've been a wedding dress.The muse's shoulders could be seen and her back halfway facing was smooth and fair.

      She was inside a room that was decorated oddly, Sakura noted. The walls were painted white, quite mint green and gilded in gold. A sparkling crystal chandelier hanging above the ceiling.