Chapter 12: Readers

A/n: I know that the time line jumps back and forth and is confusing and messy, but I did that intentionally. I hope (and intend ) to get to the part of the book that explains why the first part is all over the place. 
       And, thank you all for reading and waiting for my incredibly slow updates. Sorry, senior year is hectic and I'm doing 80% of our research 😭.

(50 years before Naruto's birth. The Uchiha and Senju Alliance was made.)

Except from, "Roses are Red"

The 77th imperial year of the House of Stone; 15th year of Emperor La Pierre the II's reign.

        'The Leaf Village, Konoha had just been established. My beloved little sister's precious garden. She'd gathered beautiful flowers and the land was fertile. It is my sincere hope that her flowers grow beautifully.'

        "Uh- What? What did I just read?" Naruto complained, scratching the back of his neck. He read the section over and over and yet did not understand.

         "I don't get it either." Said Sakura, she was one of the outstanding students who memorised the historical events and their years to be able to show off in class and yet she couldn't recall the date written above.

       "Hmph.." Sasuke leaned back and closed his tired eyes. His head aches a little and his waist felt sore from leaning down and over to read. "Whoever wrote that book was crazy." He mumbled.

       "It's not the first confusing thing we read." And he didn't like it. The confusion, the riddles and the puzzles. Sasuke Uchiha prided himself in his intellectual ability seeing himself stumped along with Naruto who he admitted was not as bright hit his ego.

        'Just why did the writer write these things? Maybe he was delusional?'

        "Rayie Fahlen, he's most likely her brother."

       The suddenly, "Hey guys. You look exhausted." Three colourful heads snapped towards the direction of the new comer.

       An innocent beaming smile.

       Areayis.

         Her long white hair resembling moonlight were braided with black lace and ribbon. The bluish and pinkish hues danced under the peaking sunlight. Her skin was pale and white as always, like a walking corpse.

        Naruto shuddered recalling how cold her touch was.

         Although she had an innocent face like a lily, her wide eyes were eerie. Empty, soul sucking black.

         "Hm? What're you reading?"

      She slipped over to them and leaned down to read the opened newly bound book, noticing how recently it'd been written and the incredibly beautiful and neat handwriting. Soft around the edges and a little italicised.

        'What a feminine handwriting.'

       "This." Naruto breathed out and rubbed his eyes. Areayis smiled as she pat his head saying, "You're so cute."

        "This, you know about it right? Basic history." Sakura said, tiredly putting down a history book and pointing at the book. There was a pinch in her heart, she knew that it was mean but she hoped to embarrass Areayis a little bit.

        'She's already so pretty and kind and... It's just not fair.'

       Sakura squirmed in her seat, the great insecurity she felt ate her alive.