Chapter Two: Muse

Seasons passed like the flowing wind. Naruto was finally able to graduate from the ninja academy and after the Land of the Waves mission, team seven was assigned a simpler task to solve.

      The young knucklehead blonde awoke with a start. The happy rays of sunlight streaked through his windows. With a yawn the genin scrambled off the bed.

         Naruto ate while half awake and soon after he had prepared for a new day. He locked the door and sprinted to their meeting spot with his usual grin.

         They'll be receiving a new mission today. Naruto was beyond excited, he imagined what kind of mission they would have as well as how he was going to beat Sasuke. Kakashi even promised them a thrilling assignment.

"Good morning, Sakura-chan!"

       He greeted her with a beaming smile, with a bounce on his step. His whiskers whisked up merrily. He was instantly in a good mood as soon as he saw his crush.

       The pink haired girl just sighed and the Uchiha on the opposite side of the bridge paid them no mind. "Kakashi-sensei is late again!" Whined Naruto as he slumped over the bridge.

         More than an hour passed and still Kakashi did not arrive. It was the same routine as usual with their late sensei. The waiting grew boredom like weeds. Naruto almost nodded off to sleep when Kakashi's voice resonated right behind him.

       "Yo! Sorry I'm late. I got lost."

       "AHH!! Liar!" Both Naruto and Sakura yelled accusingly at their always tardy teacher. Kakashi chuckled in response, orange book flipped closed. Sakura stopped her complaints when she saw her teacher holding something covered with a silk cloth.

       Sasuke noticed two children who appeared at the same time as their teacher. A girl and a boy, no older than eight years old.

       "Who are you?" He said, words sharp and cautious. His eyes were always fixed to a glare, his pale skin stark against his ark clothing.

       "That's rude, older brother." The young boy commented. "We're your clients!" The young girl chirped as she smiled.

      "Be nice." Came Kakashi's languid voice. A smile could he traced from behind his mask, his eyes were curved closed. He jumped off the ledge of the bridge, then standing between team seven and their clients.

     "Kakashi-sensei! You cheater! You said it was a B-ranked mission! Why are there children?" Naruto complained obnoxiously, pouting as he pointed at the children younger than him.

      "You're a child too, in case you didn't notice." The younger children said simultaneously, one with a teasing smile and the other with an aloof expression that was teasing in and of itself.

       "Besides, you shouldn't judge a book by its cover." The boy continued, his pitch black eyes meeting Naruto's clear blue eyes indifferently.

       The young girl continued. "Also, high ranked missions don't always mean high risk, high danger missions. They could also be tedious and difficult ones. You should learn that by now. You're a ninja aren't you?"

       It wasn't very sarcastic but the nuance was there.

     Naruto clicked his tongue and looked away. He usually didn't give up on arguments but what the little girl told him, in her self assured tone, just irritated him.

      "Well, of course I know that!" He retorted in the end.

      Kakashi chuckled and then introduced the two groups. He pointed towards the blonde, pinkette and raven head.