00

Ever since she was a kid she had believed in things like fairy tales wanting to be loved too like how the Princesses were

Ever since she was a kid she had believed in things like fairy tales wanting to be loved too like how the Princesses were. It was a childish habit, one that she never seemed to grow out of. Even now she still loves to read different stories oblivious to the fact that they might be nothing but falsities made to entertain the madness of men.

But now after everything that happened she could say without a doubt that dreams were fictitious. She was now painfully aware of the fact that nothing comes without a price. 

She had experienced what was meant to be a dream come true, unaware of the string attached to it. She stood there numb behind the yellow tape, her vacant eyes recalling the fragments of metal guardrail melding into the body of her mother's car as it collided with the bridge, her mothers face twisted with horror as she plummeted to the churning water below.

It was over quickly. She felt no pain. That's what her father told her she's not sure whether he's telling the truth or not.

That day changed her life in an instant, and she knew her future would no longer be painted brilliant colours of tomorrow that she always envisioned when her father got a new partner.

Her step-siblings hate her, they always bully her, hurt her, and they also disrespect her lovely mother.

“ I bet your mother never wanted you in the first place so that's why she died. ”

“ My dear step-sister, I know one day my father will kick you out of this household so don't get too sad about leaving. ”

“ I don't want to be your friend anymore Keiko… I would rather hang out with your step sisters because they are more beautiful than you. ”

Her life was now a mess after her stepmother and siblings came into her life. She also lost her only best friend… she tried saying it to her father but he never listens to her. She had enough of her life.

The walls of her room are screaming out loud all of the secrets that she’s held onto for all these years, every tear that broke her heart and slashed her wrist, and every memory that rips apart her soul. And to this day, she still can't breathe.

“ Athanasia is just like me in her past life story of a lovely princess where she was not loved by her father because her mother also died. ” she chuckled as tears fell in her eyes again. “ but then again… at least the father is trying his best to love his daughter this time. ” 

“ I wonder how it feels to be loved too… ” she said as she slowly looked at the rooftop of their building. As she finally arrived at the top floor she looked at the scenery of the city shining brightly like a star at night. 

“ I really hate myself... It gets worse every day. I just can't deal with the pain anymore. I just… wanna die. ” she sobbed as she hugged herself as she cried her eyes out alone on the rooftop. 

 To think that a 15 years old girl experienced all of that. A life full of sadness, anger, jealousy and a lot of emotions is happening to her whenever she sees her family happy without her.

As she finally stopped crying she slowly came up the rail of the edge looking at the bright city again. 

“ In the end, there was no so-called happy ending at all in this world so why must we have to suffer? ” 

Those were the last words she said before she left the world without saying goodbye.

─────────────────────