019

TODAY IS THE day when the youngest princess celebrates her birthday

TODAY IS THE day when the youngest princess celebrates her birthday. "happy birthday princess!" the maids greeted athanasia.

"our little princess has already turned fourteen. ah, i'm so emotional."

"go open it."

athanasia opened all the gifts carefully and looked at them. " waah, i love everything!" 

"princess. knowing you have been the greatest joy of my whole life."

"i'll prepare something more special for you on your next birthday."

"i hope you will only be happy for the rest of your life." athy looked at them and were touched by what they said. "thank you everyone…" she said as she smiled and slightly blushed.

"now let's have some cake!" lily said as she took the cake. "this one was specially prepared for today."

"hannah made and lilian helped make it, princess"

"ces did the decorating."

they enjoyed each other's presence till the night before cleaning the room and then going to sleep.

"good night, princess," lily said

"good night to you too, lily."

lilian looked at athanasia as she put her hand on her forehead. "princess, you are a precious gift not only to me but to everyone in obelia. to all of us, you are someone very precious and special."

'she always tells me this on my birthday just like a mom… not that i've ever had one.' athanasia thought as she smiled a little.

"thank you for being here today," lilian said as she kissed athy's forehead.

"thank you for being by my side too, lily," athy said as she smiled at her. lilian got up and slowly left the room. in the end, claude and nas didn't come to my fourteenth birthday either.

"i still had my hopes up a little this time."

'it feels strange every time. of course, it's not like what everyone thinks. it's not that i'm sad because daddy and sister didn't make it. it's just…' athanasia remembers the portrait in her father's room and some of their memories together. 'it makes claude like a normal person. it's a good thing for my survival though, that claude has a human side to him.'

"ah what do i know?!" she said as she turned to the other side of the bed.

"really. what do you know?"