022

THE ATMOSPHERE was a bit awkward for athanasia as she watched her sister and dad glaring at each other intensely

THE ATMOSPHERE was a bit awkward for athanasia as she watched her sister and dad glaring at each other intensely. she sighed and ignored the two who were having a staring contest. "dad… please allow me to come to the castina empire," nas said as claude frowned.

"no." 

"but dad—"

"no buts."

nas slammed her hand on the table angrily. "that is so not fair! how come athanasia can do whatever she wants but not me?" she said as athy choked on her tea, shocked that she suddenly got involved in their argument.

"that's because she doesn't even leave the palace at all," claude said in a sincere tone as he took a sip of his tea. "you will also be the next heir to the throne that's why you aren't allowed to leave as you are pleased anymore." 

"but dad! you're not that old, you can still take care of the throne!" she said as claude looked at her, shocked at what she said. an imaginary arrow was shot on his heart. "i know that i'm not that old, but you don't have to go that far." athy looked at him trying not to laugh at his reaction.

"i already mastered all the things that my teacher taught me about the throne and everything! and that's also a chance that the castina empire and obelian empire would come to peace in the future! i want to make alliances with them." she said as claude sighed.

"you are stubborn like your mother." he said as he stood up and left the room. nas looked at him betrayed then also left the room to go to the sapphire palace. athy looked at the door where the two left as she sighed.

"that was intense— i never imagined that dad and sister would ever fight." she said as she tried calming down after the intense fight.

after their fight yesterday, the two never had a normal conversation ever since. athy just looked at them sadly that they're not having a normal conversation like usual. "dad is so mean!" nas said as she whined in her bedroom.

"you've been outside for 7 years, isn't that enough?" lucas said as he just looked at her. "but— it's a special occasion for val! i do not want to disappoint her at all." she said as her tears were about to fall. lucas panicked then hugged her tightly.

"i'm sure that your father will change his mind tomorrow." he said as he comforted her.

"are you sure?" 

"of course." he said as he was moving some of her hair that was blocking her hair.

"do you think dad hates me?"