Chapter 5: Dinner

Yu Wan followed Shen Qingzhou closely. His pace was brisk, and Yu Wan had to jog unenthusiastically half the time to keep up.

The two parted ways when they walked out of the elevator.

"Mr. Shen, remember to open the door for me in half an hour."

Shen Qingzhou grunted and walked in his door without another word. Yu Wan pursed her lips at his back. "What kind of person is that guy?"

When she went into her apartment, Yu Wan separated the ingredients and snacks from one another. She put most of the raw foods in the fridge and left some behind for tonight's dinner. However, before cooking, she needed to solve some of the problems she had thought of on the way home.

Yu Wan took out her phone, opened the browser, and simply typed the words "Shen Qing Zhou".

Two seconds later, a long list of news articles and wikis popped up.

"Blockbuster film 'Night City' breaks ten billion in box office, Shen Qingzhou strikes again right after 'Calamity'."

"Shen Qingzhou attends movie premiere, yet never went on stage..."

"Scandal between Shen Qingzhou and celebrity Lin Yeyu proven false! What really happened..."

"95' amateur actor Ji Ning reveals the daily life of Director Shen."

....

He seems like quite the public figure, Yu Wan thought. Shen Qingzhou's frighteningly attractive face resurfaced in her memory. Indeed, it would be a waste for a face like that to be hidden. But, Director Shen? He's a director? Not an actor?

Yu Wan quickly clicked open a wiki and scrolled down with her finger.

Works, majors, university, achievements... Yu Wan grew more and more astonished by the second. It was hard to fathom that an iceberg like Shen Qingzhou could be such a famous movie director.

Yu Wan didn't put down her phone for a long time. Shen Qingzhou's name was very well-known; no wonder his stare seemed strange when she asked him what his name was.

It was rare for Yu Wan to regret not following the entertainment industry.

After poking around on the internet, it was time for her to make food. Yu Wan turned on the kitchen ventilator and started to dribble some oil on the pan.

"Tink... Snap!"

Yu Wan stopped. What was going on? The ventilator had shut down, and the lights were off too... Even the air conditioner wasn't working!

Yu Wan walked out of the kitchen and scanned her apartment. She furrowed her brows as she called the neighborhood's utilities department.