Untitled Part 13

Yu Wan giggled as she scrolled through the comments. Abuse? Ridiculous– Did she really come off as someone that weak?

She wondered if Shen Qingzhou would retweet her post. A comment was the very least he could do, right? Yet, there was nothing from him even after she had finished showering. "He probably just haven't had the chance to see it..." Yu Wan comforted herself.

Yu Wan didn't have much to do the next day. She stayed at the hotel for the entire morning and afternoon before one of the crew supervisors suddenly gave her a call. She was told to visit the set; there were emergency changes that they needed to make during the film session at night.

Just as she stepped out the door, she received a text message: [Dinner, come at seven.]

Yu Wan looked at the time and replied: [They need me at the set... Something about script changes.]

[I told them to do that. There's nothing wrong with the script.]

Yu Wan was shocked: [Wow, really? That's just abusing your power. Do you really need an excuse for me to bring you food?]

No reply came, yet she could clearly see the stony expression that he always had in her mind.

Yu Wan turned around and made sure his door key was in her purse before heading to his room.

She arrived at the set at six-thirty and planned to have Shen Qingzhou's assistant collect the food she had assorted neatly in tupperware. The set was as busy as a beehive. Yu Wan saw Shen Qingzhou dressed casually and sitting in front of a computer. It was the first time she saw him in action as a director; his undivided attention to his work was clear in his eyes. However, he wasn't that much different from usual, if not a tad more serious.

Yu Wan then turned her view to the actors. They were suspended on various wires and fitted with gadgets from head to toe against a green screen. It took a long time for her to figure out which scene they were filming– the CGI team had never seemed more important than now.

"Cut," Yu Wan heard Shen Qingzhou shout into a walkie-talkie. He called an actor's name, who hurried over immediately.

The female actor's name was Fang Lanlan, and her role was a policewoman. "Director, how did I do?" The actors had already done seven takes, and some of them were starting to look a bit irked.

Shen Qingzhou looked up. "What do you think?"

Fang Lanlan stood awkwardly.

He furrowed his brows. "Fang Lanlan, you're a policewoman, not a plastic doll. Officers aren't coquettes. What were you doing?"

Fang Lanlan's expression quickly dampened. "Director, I wasn't actually trying to do that... And, police officers don't have to be that serious, y'know."

Any man would have balked at her beauty and pout. On the other hand, anyone who had worked with Shen Qingzhou before would know that such tactics would be rendered utterly useless against him.