Ch.14 Inarizaki vs. Karasuno

~Y/n pov~

Me and Emiko sat in the stands, watching the Karasuno vs Inarizaki game.

The small kid with ginger hair jumped really high but he forgot to hit the ball.

When he landed, he put his face into his hands, probably realising his mistake but by now it was too late.

Atsumu set to their ace, Ojiro Aran. Of course, they managed to score the point.

The game was going smoothly so far but at lot can change in a short amount of time.

The small boy with ginger hair was really fast, the blockers had already jumped, yet he darted to the other side of the net and scored.

He's got speed, reflexes and jumping power. If he hones his skills I believe one day he will be really good.

It was Karasuno's turn to serve and the black haired boy was up.

Everyone around me started making lots of noise with the drums, gradually speeding up but keeping a pace.

The serve got messed up...so this was to ruin the servers pace?

The serve bounced off the net, but the libero managed to get it.

Inarizaki quickly scored.

Then it's was Osamu's serve.

Karasuno was cheering loudly so Inarizaki started cheering louder than them. It was a competition to see who could cheer louder.

Of course, I wasn't gonna cheer, that's shits embarrassing.

The ginger, who Emiko said was named Hinata, received the ball with his face.

That's got to be embarrassing...

"I think both teams have equal chance at winning." I commented.

Emiko nodded, "I see what you mean."

When Atsumu's turn to save came, everyone went silent.

He had told me before the match, that he liked it to be silent when he served and it seemed everyone knew as they instantly shut up.

Though, when he served, two girls near me squealed, making the serve hit the net, yet they still got the service ace.

Atsumu glared in their direction, causing the two girls to shiver.

I could tell from here that Osamu was teasing Atsumu and the blonde twin was getting increasingly annoyed.

Karasuno finally managed to receive the jump floater.

The twins pulled off a quick attack just like Hinata and Kageyama's.

Karasuno seemed stunned seeing someone pull off a quick that was quite similar to their own.

It makes sense they'd be able to do it so easily since they are so in sync. That also means they find it easier to block Karasuno's quick because they know how it works.

Though, it seemed this logic also worked the other way.

When the twins next did they quick, both Hinata and Kageyama managed to block it.

The blockers kept shutting down Karasuno's #5, increasing the pressure on him.

He got constantly blocked and I think he began to lose hope, but at last, he broke through.

I should be routing for Inarizaki, but I've got to admit Karasuno has some talented individuals, especially Kageyama and Hinata.

Hinata moved to force Osamu to hit a line shot, which was easily received by their libero.

Then, they pulled off a synchronised attack.

Successfully scoring.

Karasuno's pinch server subbed in. This seemed like a big moment for him.

With his jump floater serves, he managed to score a few service aces.

Though, I think Inarizaki's cheering was putting him off a bit.

The score was tied 24-24.

It was close but, in the end, Karasuno won the first set 27-25.

~*~

It was time for the second set to begin.

We needed to win this set, the pressure was on.

Atsumu managed to get a few service aces, which was a good start.

The pressure was put on the libero as that's who Atsumu aimed for the whole time.

The tall blonde tried to block Suna, but Suna twisted his body at an angle and pulled off a cross shot.

I've never seen anything like it.

They forced Atsumu to receive so that he couldn't set but what they probably didn't expect was for Osamu to set.

Karasuno wasn't doing so well this set. Inarizaki pulled in front.

We're we going to get this set or would Karasuno make a comeback?

Atsumu turned and yelled something at Osamu.

It was now Osamu's serve, but it was way off and it hit the scoreboard.

Aran whacked Atsumu in the back of the head.

They still argue even when in a match, well, I guess that's to be expected.

Their captain subbed in. Nothing about him really stood out.

He wasn't exceptionally good at anything either.

The receives he pulled off were all strong and flawless.

It didn't seem like he was the type to be noticed or stand out, but his presence on the court really seemed to change everything.

Their playing was smoother.

Inarizaki had seemed to have the advantage since the beginning, they won the set.

16-25.

~*~

Whoever took the last set, won the full game.

It was anyone's game. I had no idea who would win.

The third set was pretty intense, both sides wanted to win.

But in the end, only one could.

Emiko got bored quick as the match grew even longer as it was dragged on. The score had already gone past 25 points yet each team fought on.

It was clear that no one wanted to lose, but alas, someone had to lose.

Unfortunately, the one who lost today was Inarizaki.

32-30.

~*~

_____________________________________
935 words

A/n I watched the cut version and tried to summarise the match. The last few parts of the story will have manga spoilers.