Ch.15 Loss

~Y/n pov~

Inarizaki came out from the match and I was just about to approach the twins when they suddenly apologised.

Everyone stopped in their tracks and I stayed where I was, hidden from their view.

"Are you two trying to feel a little relief by apologising?" Kita asked bluntly.

"That's not it at all." They said in sync.

Kita put his hand up to silence them, "I know, I know. My bad. When you guys are really on your game...everyone else usually gets left behind. But apparently this time, they were really on their game, too. It's not everyday we get to have a match like that."

"Kita was smiling right now, wasn't he?" Atsumu asked.

"Yeah..." Osamu responded.

Everyone seemed stunned.

"But," Kita continued talking, "It's still pretty frustrating. We did everything we could, and I don't have any regrets." He looked up at the twins with a smile, " 'Well isn't my team amazing?' I wanted to say that even more."

Tears well up in a few of their eyes.

"Please keep saying it." Osamu stated.

Atsumu nodded, "We'll be the juniors you can brag to your grandkids about."

Kita smiled softly, "I'll look forward to that."

They all then headed off to the changing room.

I went back to the spot on the bench near the vending machine. We had planned to meet up there.

~*~

The twins appeared, changed back into their casual clothes.

They were both silent.

I reached my arm out to them and placed my hand on Atsumu's arm. He didn't react.

He looked down, and that's when I saw the tears streaming down his cheeks.

I yanked his arm and pulled him into a hug.

Atsumu buried his head on my shoulder, silently crying.

Tightly, he wrapped his arms around my waist.

I stroked my hand up and down his back as his sobs eventually stopped.

"It's okay." I smiled, "Let's go."

I grabbed them both by the hand and started walking to the train station.

They were both silent the whole way, but I understood.

They just lost.

I squeezed their hands I comfort every once in a while to remind them that I was here and they squeezed back everytime.

~*~

I got back to my house, the twins were over but they were pretty upset about the match so they were moping around.

Osamu didn't show his upset, he hadn't cried once but I could tell he was sad.

After some pondering, I decided to make them both some food. They must be really hungry.

I hummed to myself, preparing a curry.

Arms wrapped around my waist and a someone's head rested on my shoulder.

"Thanks.." Osamu muttered.

I stopped stirring for a second and replied, "Yeah..."

Osamu stayed in the kitchen for the rest of the time I cooked, though I forced him to sit at the dining table so he wouldn't get in my way.

Glancing in his direction, I saw him with his head in his arms, moping.

~*~

I finished the curry and dished it up, putting the leftovers in the fridge.

Osamu looked like he was asleep but I wasn't sure.

Smiling to myself, I walked over to him and gently ruffled his hair.

This made his raise his head to face me.

He definitely wasn't asleep, he's quite the heavy sleeper so that wouldn't of woken him up.

I sat in the chair beside him, "Hey...you okay?"

The grey haired boy nodded before shaking his head to say no.

Leaning forward, I wrapped my arms around his waist tightly.

"You'll definitely get better from this loss and next time, you won't lose." I smiled.

Osamu slowly wrapped his arms around my waist, tugging me onto his lap, my head getting buried in his chest.

I heard a few sniffles but didn't comment on them, instead I gently ran my hand through his grey hair.

After a few moments, he composed himself and pulled away from the hug a bit, enough to see my face.

"Thanks...for all this and for making food." He gently leant down and placed a small peck on my lips.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him into another kiss, this one lasting a bit longer.

Then, I got up, "I'm gonna go find Atsumu, you can start eating."

Osamu nodded, giving me a small smile.

~*~

Atsumu was laid on my bed, face down.

I sighed, walking over and flopping down beside him.

He shifted onto his side, he had his eyes closed.

I poked his cheek, making his eyes flutter open.

"You can sleep later. I made some food." I told him.

Atsumu nodded, gazing at me with his sleepy eyes.

He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me into a hug, "What did I do to deserve you?"

I chuckled, "I should be asking myself that. Now come on."

The blonde boy lazily pulled himself up as I grabbed his hand, leading him to the kitchen.

By the time we got there, Osamu had almost finished making me laugh.

We all ate in silence, when Osamu had finished, he got up and washed his plate before going back to sitting at the dining table.

He probably didn't want to do anything.

The silence wasn't uncomfortable this time, it was actually pretty comforting.

"You should get a shower." I commented, looking at Osamu, "Atsumu got one earlier."

He nodded, slowly pushing the chair out with a screech and getting up.

When, Atsumu finished, I washed up both our plates.

~*~

I had just got my pajamas on and brushed my teeth, before I crawled into bed next to Atsumu. He turned towards me and looked at me expectantly.

"C'mon sleepyhead. Time to sleep." I pulled him into my arms, as he rested his head on my collar bone.

After a few moments, his breathing calmed and he was asleep.

The bathroom door opened and I heard a bit of shuffling before Osamu also got into bed.

He pressed his chest against my back and looped his arms around my waist, pressing a kiss against my neck.

"Night."

"Night Samu." I smiled.

We all fell asleep contently and had a peaceful sleep.

~*~

_____________________________________
1047 words

A/n the last few chapters will have manga spoilers