Chapter 34; Painting Lover Mafia

~
The breeze was cool and calming and I was already too overwhelmed after the free fall to even think about something else.

His arms around me, the chilly air hitting us and the feeling of flying...would I ever be able to forget it? Of course not.

Today was the first day of the camp and we had our freedom, which meant we could do whatever we wished to, but in a safe way.

Well, seems like Henry and I were too excited to even consider that point cause some random fellow told one of our teachers that we tried free fall.

"I won't even apologize for the scoldings we got because of me cause I know we both had fun." Henry said as we walked away from the adventure sport.

I love him when he's straightforward.
"No lie there." I slightly chuckled and as I looked up from the uneven and rocky ground, I found Rose coming our way.

"Henry, my turn." Wow. I thought she was coming for me but she didn't even look at me and started talking to him. Now that's weird.

"Come on, Rose. It's literally 1 PM." He whined. What are they even talking about?
"And that makes it five hours. It's my turn now." She said proudly, counting fingers.

"What are you two talking about?"
I finally blurted out, completely confused with their competitive behaviour about...time? Gosh that doesn't even make sense.

"We're taking turns to spend time with you." What?
"You're what now?" I asked in surprise and confusion.

"Look, now that we're here, both me and Henry realized how important John is. Henry wanted to hang out with you but I wanted to do it too. Now that we're three people instead of four, it's kinda hard to get paired. So me and Henry decided to take turns to hang out with you. I would've actually went with Emily but she's busy with her boyfriend and I'm in no mood of third wheeling."

"Woah woah woah. When did all of this discussion even happen? And where was I all this time?" I asked in amazement as I didn't expect Henry and Rose to discuss such stuff with each other.

"Probably cursing Rachel in your sleep." She said with a 'duh' look.
I mean, she's most probably right.

"Okay but since when did you two become so close?" I asked, looking back and forth between the two John-lovers standing in front of me.

"Since the day I adopted him as my brother." She looked at Henry with pride.
"What?" Bro-brother? The fuck?

"Did you actually believe that?" She asked and I looked at both of them like the oblivious idiot I was.
They both busted into fits of laughter while I stared at them, trying to register the fact that those two had indeed become closer than before.

"So...free fall couple?" She raised her eyebrows, teasing us as I looked away in embarrassment.
Ugh this is so goddamn annoying.

"Stop being so embarrassed. Almost everyone who's here on this trip knows about it because of that one teacher who's talking about it to literally everyone here." She said, trying not to laugh towards the end.

"Not bad Henry. I think I have a tough competition." She praised Henry for whatever reason and fist bumped him.

"What competition?"
"You know, since we both were occupying you the entire day, we gave each other a challenge. At the end, we're basically gonna see who made you have more fun." My curiosity disappeared and my face grew smaller.