Chapter 12; Unknown Texts

Is it too bad to not understand someone's emotions?

~
"So... What's happening here? And why are you here?" I approached my dad cause I knew something is wrong.

"There's a problem Daisy so I had to be back here and by this time, you must have known about Henry and John too." He said, pointing towards them.

I was now aware of their identity. But I never thought of him as a mafia. He doesn't look like one. A typical mafia image that comes to your mind is someone having scars across their face, tattoos, and stuff like that. However, he didn't seem to have any of that.
He definitely isn't a mafia's son, slowly taking over things.

He's different...

Why is he even a mafia then?

I stopped thinking about it and nodded and then, dad motioned me to the room where all the security and stuff was checked. Basically, where the hackers lived.

I sat next to Harry and asked him the problem.
"So Daisy, many people in our gang and sir James' gang are getting a few messages of blackmailing these days so we just have to hack the numbers, okay?"

So Henry and John must be a part of uncle James' mafia.

By this time, dad had gone away and a few young members of our mafia(whom I never knew) and Henry and John entered the room full of computers and stood behind us, listening to everything and examining the process.

"I get it Harry. But how is this problem so big that even my dad had to come back and I was called here." Harry and the other hackers in the room just sighed.

"Can you stop being so curious about everything and do your goddamn work?" I heard Henry's voice from behind, followed by John smacking his arm.

"I can't do this unless I get to know the whole thing, alright?" I almost yelled.
He just rolled his eyes and looked away.

"Calm down Daisy. The problem is, that each time a message comes, it's from a different number."

Oh...

"Till now, how many have got such messages?" I asked again.
"Six from our gang and two from theirs."

"I don't think it's the end then. These messages will continue coming. I don't think any of these are his real numbers."
I said, completely serious by now.

"I KNOW RIGHT!" Harry suddenly got excited but immediately apologized after realising the noise he made.

"I have been telling them the same thing for the past two hours but none of these dumbfucks listen!"
All the hackers in the room looked down and started defending themselves.

"But then, whose numbers are these?" I mumbled under my breath, thinking no one would hear but someone did.

"Probably the numbers of the people that person wants to take a revenge from."

I widened my eyes and looked up at the standing figure of Henry who was as serious as before, looking at nothing in particular.

Wow...I didn't expect him to say that! He actually made some sense!

"Yeah, Henry is right. He must be using those numbers on purpose so that we go and find them instead of him and his revenge from those people is taken." Dorian, one of the hackers said, as he clasped the mouse out of excitement.

"Very good Henry! Let's find out the owners of these numbers and through them, we'll find out who the blackmailer is!" Harry suggested and we started off and I helped them.